Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black screen windows 10
10-18-2020, 06:26 AM
Black screen windows 10
I open ppsspp and there's a black screen and nothing is changing. I was looking up fixes online and saw change the backend and to delete the settings file. I deleted the ppsspp file and nothing changed, as for the settings I can't change any of them. Using the window it will say I changed something but when I go back to the submenus it stays what it originally was. I think it might have to do with my system since I downloaded a new ppsspp copy and the problem persists. I don't know what it could have been since it was working perfectly like 3 hours ago.

Specs:
Intel Core i5-4590
NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2020, 01:08 PM
RE: Black screen windows 10
I think the default backend on Windows is Vulkan when supported. If your issue is related to the backend, it can be solved changing it to OpenGL, for exemple. You need to change "GraphicBackend" line to "0" in ppsspp.ini.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
11-05-2020, 10:13 AM
RE: Black screen windows 10
Press and hold the power button on your device for 10 seconds to turn it off, then unplug your adapter. After 30 seconds, plug your adapter back in and restart your device. If you're still seeing a black or blank screen, try the steps in Action 2 to check the connection between your device and the monitor or screen.