Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
Persona 2 - Innocent Sin HD UI (v1.72 Update)
08-19-2022, 12:36 PM
RE: Persona 2 - Innocent Sin HD UI (v1.7 Update)
(08-14-2022 04:20 PM)Dragonknighted Wrote:  Not sure if it's still needed, but the blushing Yukino texture can be seen in battle when using the Ginko + Maya + Yukki Contact. Here's my savestate to see it as specified (unless I was supposed to send it in PM or something), but it should be simple enough to get to on your own. Thanks for all your hard work, btw!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10jlzn7q...sp=sharing

Hey I had some trouble opening the savestate on my version of PPSSPP. Could you do me a little favor?

I was hoping you could quickly enable texture saving and pull the file out of your "new" folder and send it to me somehow?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2022, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2022 05:30 PM by Dragonknighted.)
(08-19-2022 12:36 PM)ryuubu Wrote:  Hey I had some trouble opening the savestate on my version of PPSSPP. Could you do me a little favor?

I was hoping you could quickly enable texture saving and pull the file out of your "new" folder and send it to me somehow?

Never done this before, but I think I got what you wanted. And while I was at it I dropped in a few others I've noticed didn't get done since then (just in case), though I have no idea why only the blushing one saved with a name and not a hex value if that's a problem. Here you go!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
08-20-2022, 02:27 PM
Oh! Got it, thanks so much! There was just a mismatched hash in my textures file. Thanks a bunch!

If anyone finds other unfinished textures, let me know!

I updated the download
08-20-2022, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2022 11:05 PM by Dragonknighted.)
RE: Persona 2 - Innocent Sin HD UI (v1.71 Update)
Okay, so I did a quick test myself and the default ones still popped up. Though after some digging I noticed that the textures.ini file was pointing to a nonexistent AmanoBlush.png instead of YukinoBlush.png, so that was simple enough to fix on my own.

The ones that I assume you would name as "BigAmanoShadow.png" "AmanoCry.png" and "YukinoCry.png" however, are not in the download, so I can only assume those actually haven't been done yet (or you just forgot to put them in, idk). In any case, I updated my drive folder with emulator upscaled versions of those as you wanted in the EP thread, as well as the default res versions if you need them.

08-21-2022, 02:51 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2022 03:02 AM by ryuubu.)
RE: Persona 2 - Innocent Sin HD UI (v1.71 Update)
Gotcha! I didn't notice the tears so I just doubled up with the SAD textures. Should be fixed now!

https://www67.zippyshare.com/v/UyfE5Ld4/file.html. New update is here

By the way, do you know where this texture pops up?

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/megami..._cutin.jpg

Is she controllable as a shadow? Does she have fusion attacks?
08-21-2022, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2022 05:25 AM by Dragonknighted.)
RE: Persona 2 - Innocent Sin HD UI (v1.72 Update)
(08-21-2022 02:51 AM)ryuubu Wrote:  By the way, do you know where this texture pops up?

SPOILER FOR ANY FIRST-TIMERS IN THIS THREAD (I don't see a formatting option for it)

It's during the segment at Mt. Iwato. Maya is briefly (and very obviously) replaced with her Shadow as a party member when the party reconvenes at the Detective Agency beforehand. And yes, she can do fusion attacks. It kinda surprised me that they didn't do unique battle quotes to go with the cool art variants.

Also, as a small note, you seem to have left your work on the Tarot Cards in this latest download and I'm not sure if that was intentional or not since you didn't mention it in the update.

Small Update: There's 2 different upscales of the blushing portrait in the latest download titled AmanoBlush and YukinoBlush. YukinoBlush, which textures.ini points to, looks a bit out of date to me compared to AmanoBlush since the former looks a little less clean, so I thought this was worth mentioning if you wanted to switch them around (or not, your call). To be honest, being responsible for so many quick updates is just a bit guilt-inducing (I'd be a terrible game tester).
08-21-2022, 08:35 AM
(08-21-2022 03:38 AM)Dragonknighted Wrote:  
(08-21-2022 02:51 AM)ryuubu Wrote:  By the way, do you know where this texture pops up?

SPOILER FOR ANY FIRST-TIMERS IN THIS THREAD (I don't see a formatting option for it)

It's during the segment at Mt. Iwato. Maya is briefly (and very obviously) replaced with her Shadow as a party member when the party reconvenes at the Detective Agency beforehand. And yes, she can do fusion attacks. It kinda surprised me that they didn't do unique battle quotes to go with the cool art variants.

Also, as a small note, you seem to have left your work on the Tarot Cards in this latest download and I'm not sure if that was intentional or not since you didn't mention it in the update.

Small Update: There's 2 different upscales of the blushing portrait in the latest download titled AmanoBlush and YukinoBlush. YukinoBlush, which textures.ini points to, looks a bit out of date to me compared to AmanoBlush since the former looks a little less clean, so I thought this was worth mentioning if you wanted to switch them around (or not, your call). To be honest, being responsible for so many quick updates is just a bit guilt-inducing (I'd be a terrible game tester).

Don't suppose you have that fusion attack texture somewhere in your "new" folder?

I changed around the YukinoBlush texture, it upscaled differently. Maybe I used a different AI last time. All fixed there I hope.

I put back only the cards that I have upscaled. I should probably get around to doing all the cards, the cleaning up is very tedious work though.

Thanks for checking for me! I really appreciate it

https://www7.zippyshare.com/v/gIuxcGUt/file.html
08-21-2022, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2022 11:05 PM by Dragonknighted.)
I don't have that texture on me right now, but I can grab it later today since I kept the save. Not sure why you need it, though, because FightAmanoShadow has already been upscaled and I can't see anything wrong with it.

Edit: Ok, I got it for ya and added it to the drive folder. Original and emulator upscaled. Still not sure why you needed it though. Like, it wouldn't even grab the texture until I temporarily removed the upscaled one from my textures folder, but here it is anyway.

08-21-2022, 11:45 PM
Thank you so much my man!! You have inspired me to try get this texture replacement even better. Next step is the cards.

Thanks a million
08-22-2022, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2022 02:49 AM by Dragonknighted.)
You're very welcome! And I'll be sure to provide my own texture dump of Eternal Punishment for you once I dive into it =)

(probably won't use the emulator upscale feature btw, so I have to apologize if those are easier for you to work with)
08-22-2022, 06:34 AM
I have found another issue and solution. The Lovers card was mistakenly showing as the Blank card. It seems the hash in textures.ini pointing to the Blank card is actually the ID for the Lovers.

Here's the correct hash ID for the Blank card: 00000000856b65bfaf77db3b

At this point, if I find anything else I'll wait until I've completed the game to post it so we can stop playing whack a mole on a bunch of small things.
08-22-2022, 12:48 PM
Oh! Good to know! Destiny is telling me to do the cards...
08-23-2022, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2022 03:15 AM by Dragonknighted.)
Welp, I finished the game, so here's my roundup of the last few small things I found (hell of an ending btw, I loved this game)

The non-tattered version of Mr. Bun-Bun.

The MISS text that pops up in battle was "missed." Only found this one from being way underprepared for the final boss and getting all my SP drained.

The RedSkull image is misplaced in the Portraits folder. The ini file points to Images.

There's apparently 2 copies of the Blank card texture that the game calls in. One pops up in the Painter's menu and the other pops up in the item menu. Here's the ID for the latter, since I put the former in my previous post: 00000000037c0ffdaf77db3b

The location of the ArcanaBack texture and where the ini file point to are mismatched, though this might be intentional since you still need to "round the corners"

Here's the link to a drive folder with those last couple textures I grabbed:

P.S. I'm assuming you already have the credits fonts in your own stock, but if you don't just tell me and I'll drop them in. If you also happen to be missing any of the card textures, such as material and skill cards or the Fool Arcana, I found a cheat that let me grab all the tricky-to-see cards besides the minor arcana personas, just in case, but I didn't want to bloat the folder with them if it wasn't necessary. For the record, though, I very much understand if you don't want to do most of the cards, especially with the EP project also on your plate.

P.P.S. Thank you once again for all your hard work on these upscales, ryuubu! Just remember to take your time and work at your own pace =)
09-10-2022, 08:16 AM
Gotcha! Might take care of these tomorrow! Thanks as always!!
01-11-2023, 12:56 PM
I just started using this texture pack yesterday, it's amazing! Great work ryuubu!

I think it's been mentioned about the cards. For me, the Lovers card just shows up as blank.

Also at random intervals, portraits won't show up when characters talk. I've also had backgrounds be completely black missing the entire texture like I'm in a void. This happened roaming the city and in a battle at one point.

I wonder if these are things that can be fixed on my end or it needs more tweaking.