Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Extend
12-31-2014, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2014 10:51 AM by GamerzHell9137.)
RE: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Extend
I don't mind moving the game to playable but its just not how the game feels on PSP. Even on PS3 emulated it feels more natural (have a CFW PS3) and i'm using both my PC and my PS3 on the same screen (the screen is a low latency one too if that matters). If PPSSPP can't emulate the real stuff and if the game on PPSSPP is forcing itself different than on PS3 or PSP then fine, but i for sure won't play it on PPSSPP. (And for whatever reason, solarmystics builds are better than the official one)
Unknown said something about Hz so i have changed the Hz on my monitor from 60 to 75 and it made an impact on the game.
The input feels faster than on 60 Hz.
I'll try to explain how it feels like.

60 Hz: Animations of the game and music is in sync but pressing a button on the controller makes the input a bit delayed on PPSSPP. When there are more than one of the same button on screen that must be pressed faster than normal, PPSSPP makes the input of one of them a bit slower than the previous one, making the game flow awkward.

75Hz: Input is smoother and faster. The game feels more natural and the slow down of the input that is on 60Hz is less now or may not even be visible.

So if you want the game to work better then change to 75Hz. You can change the Hz by right clicking on desktop and choosing screen resolution. Click on Advance and you should see List All Modes button there which will show you all of the resolutions ur monitor supports + on how much Hz its gonna work.

Build used: v0.9.9.1-1405-g61d43f1
PPSSPP settings used:
Disabled Simulate block transfer
Audio Latency: Medium
IO Timing method: Fast
Enabled Force Real clock Sync
Disabled Fast Memory
Everything else on default

Only Force real clock sync should make the difference everything else was disabled or enabled cause of other games i tried. Only reason why i posted the other things is cause i've enabled/disabled them for other games and forgot to set the on default when trying Project Diva.

Game tested: Project Diva Extend

EDIT: Doesn't affect Project Diva 2nd.

[Image: a7434a8b97.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2015, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2015 12:30 PM by GamerzHell9137.)
Finally the game is playable.

The only issues right now are that on 60Hz the input is not as good as on 75Hz and that the music is a bit rougher than it was before.

For the best possible experience enable Force real clock sync, choose DirectSound for Audio backend and change the monitor to 75 Hz.
04-11-2015, 02:40 PM
um... i am having a hard time doing this. can someone plz make a video from start to finish from decrypting thing to finish it for ios or android ( i think it's the same ) also im bad at english.
08-29-2015, 04:47 PM
is there a way to install the patch without a psp because when i did the same thing for the first one i didnt use a psp i just want the menus and popups translated
thank you
08-31-2015, 10:07 AM
(08-29-2015 04:47 PM)TimeLordIsaac Wrote:  is there a way to install the patch without a psp because when i did the same thing for the first one i didnt use a psp i just want the menus and popups translated
thank you

If you have a PC, you can use this method: Here (8th post)

Cool

Chill and Go with the flow ~d[o_o]b~

@YT - youtube.com/user/SuperHack333/videos

Specs:
MDL: Dell G7 15 7590 (Laptop)
OPS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750h @ 2.60 Ghz ~ 4.50 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 @ 1455 Mhz ~ 1590 Mhz
RAM: Micron Tech. 8GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz (4x2)
10-25-2015, 08:32 PM
Not sure if i'm the only one but it seems like the game's timing is a bit... off with the latest nightly build. Is it just me or something's wrong with it?
11-03-2015, 07:54 AM
I am playing this game on a Xbox 360 controller, and Project Diva 2nd works perfectly, but the d-pad is so sensitive that it is making PDE unplayable. I have to hit the d-pad exactly in the center of the directions and I cannot move it even slightly or it will miss a note. I don't have this problem at all on PD2. If anyone knows why this is happening please help, i would love to be able to play PDE.
12-17-2015, 10:17 AM
project diva extend edit mode
Little help, songs on the memstick wont read in edit mode of project diva extend. Is there a way how to solve this problem?
12-17-2015, 08:28 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-10-2016, 03:04 AM
Excusme , i have a problem with this game, i tried play a song and it crash in loading section , can anybody tell me what should i do? Sad
I play it on my phone samsunh tab 3v
Processor : Quadcore ARM-A7, 1.3ghz
Ram: 1GB
05-19-2016, 03:00 AM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2016 03:00 AM by Tennouboshi.)
When trying to do anything involving Edit Mode (even on PD 2nd and 2nd#), I get extreme desync on songs (the music would play normally, but for some reason the notes will always be way behind, even for songs with edit data and links to the video to extract the MP3 from). However, I can run the rest of the game just fine at 60fps without any problems.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that PPSSPP having to load external files or something?

I am running PPSSPP 1.2.2 on PC, and I pretty much just use the settings from the wiki page for PD 2nd.
05-26-2016, 02:50 AM
Greetings everyone. Sadly I've encounter a problem in this game.
In some parts/textures of the background stages, they look....digitized? Whether it's gameplay, PV or Edit mode; the problem remains. Which is weird because the game is ruining smoothly with minor lag. ( Screenshots are attached to this post )

Anyone else experienced this? I have latest version of PPSSPP.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-05-2016, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2016 02:50 AM by ShadelowStar.)
UPDATE October 9th, 2016: A lot of this information was really badly optimized. I'm glad I wrote this still, but a lot of the things need updating.

First of all, my rig is awful, so chances are you can do much better then my settings:
Windows 10, Intel Celeron N3050 (1.6ghz dual core, 2.1ghz turbo), 4GB Ram, 500gb HDD, 1336x768 screen

About Intel Turbo:
Something to bear in mind from my experience is that 1.6ghz out of an Intel CPU on a built in GPU is not enough to run this game. Due to the lack of multi-thread support for the time being, you'll need a much better processor

60FPS:
All the PSP games will inherently run at 30FPS. While it's playable by all means, you'll have a better time trying to get perfects and high scores in a 60FPS mode. However, you may end up reducing your settings in order to get it working.
1: Close PPSSPP, locate the PPSSPP folder on your system
2: Go to the folder: PPSSPP>MEMSTICK>PSP
3: Create a new folder here named "Cheats" (without quotes)
4: Open PPSSPP and goto Settings>System, then Enable Cheats should be turned on
5: Open the Project Diva game you wish to add cheats to
6: Close PPSSPP and go into the Cheats folder you had created. There should be an INI file in there now
7: Open the INI file (Notepad or any text editor can do this)
8: Depending on your Miku title, paste one of the following lines of code below into your INI file.
9:Open game in PPSSPP again, play it, pause, then go into the cheats menu. If the cheat doesn't show up: 1) Make sure the INI file saved and isn't blank. 2) Check and see if you put the right Cheat code into the right INI folder

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva
_C1 PD 60 fps
_L 0xE0011420 0x001D1BA2
_L 0x201D1BA0 0x10000003
_C0 60 fps [Disable]
_L 0x201D1BA0 0x14200003

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd
_C1 PD:2nd 60 fps
_L 0xE0011420 0x0018C166
_L 0x2018C164 0x10000003
_C0 60 fps [Disable]
_L 0x2018C164 0x14200003

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Extend
_C1 PD:Extend 60 fps
_L 0xE00101F8 0x002DC91C
_L 0x202DC91C 0x34040001
_C0 60 fps [Disable]
_L 0x202DC91C 0x8E0401F8

Texture Scaling
Off for best performance, possibly can make the game look much better if on.
This being set on can cause songs to regularly lag if your GPU isn't capable of the much faster writing speed it's expected to account for. If you suspect lag, play the song again, note where your FPS drops. If it drops on those spots consistantly, then lower or turn off Texture Scaling.

Examples below in the attachments.

Buffering, Anti-Aliasing, and Rendering Resolution

Non-Buffered Mode: Game will automatically render at the highest resolution your monitor is capable of rendering. This can prove significantly faster then any buffered mode, but looks the worst when rendering distant models, and forces the menus and loading screens to flash black regularly.

Quality in Buffered Mode:
No Anti-Aliasing: For sharper character models, use a rendering resolution 1 times higher then your window size (1x Window means 2x Resolution, where 3x window means 4x resolution).
This renders character models without blurring resulting from using Anti-Aliasing, however, increasing the Resolution by one uses more processing power then anti-aliasing the lower resolution.

Anti-Aliasing: As above, but turn on Anti-Aliasing as well. Rendered models will look much better in screenshots and when rendered from farther away, but will slow the game down somewhat.

Examples below in attachments.

General Settings

Throttle: Set a keybinding to Throttle. Use this to dramatically reduce the length of time spent booting or loading the game.

Frameskip: Highly ill advised. Anything below 30FPS will have extreme stutter and constantly drop commands. Set to auto, game lag will be replicated to real-time instead of slow down, but still drops commands badly and harder to feel for, unlike without the frameskip,

Ansioscopic Filtering: The difference between having this off or set all the way to 16x is somewhat unnoticable graphically and CPU wise. You can set it to the max of 16x and leave it there.

Audio Latency: Set to Medium. There may be cases of audio de-sync at Low latency.

Fast Memory: Set to on. Will ignore checks and assume all memory reads are correct. Performance should be increased. Only reason to not use this is if you experience any crashes when using it (likely ones you can replicate), in which case turn it off.

Multithreaded: Turn off. In basically every case this makes the game unplayable with endless frame sync issues.

Cache Full ISO in RAM: Keep off. This allows the game data itself to be read very fast, but everything needs to be written into the memory in the first place. If you're really interested in the absolute most speed, get a 3.0 USB Flash Drive to store the whole game on, maybe even PPSSPP too. If you're on a phone, this is irrelevant because flash memory is far more available and cheaper on phones.

Show FPS/Speed: Very useful for noticing problems. FPS changes sometimes will relate to a stutter in frames, but less so when running 60FPS. If you use the throttle keybind, then speed will tell you exactly how much the faster the game is performing.

(Unconfirmed) I/O on Thread: On and set to Fast. May increase the speed of the game.

(Unconfirmed) Change Emulated PSP Clock: Set to to 333mhz. Possibly increases the stability of PPSSPP. While an oddly low number, this is the power of the PSP and will run games more accurately.
Other possibilities are to run at 222mhz or lower. Game can become unstable if you attempt below this however.

(Unconfirmed) There may be a benefit to Frameskip set to 1 if you are running in 60FPS cheat. The theory stands that the game will either:
1: The game will no longer speed up trying to correct an FPS drop, because it can run at an FPS higher then 30 without issues.
2: When the game lags, the Frameskip will correct it by rendering a half frame, keeping a relative 30FPS.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-28-2017, 11:56 AM
Hi everyone, sory for the late question, but can anyone give me the patch no lyric for the game? Or show me how to translate and create the patch of the game?
03-02-2019, 05:19 PM
Does Edit Mode work in this game? If so, where do I put tracks on android?