Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
game keeps crashing for no reason
08-21-2020, 07:22 PM
game keeps crashing for no reason
i took a few hours nap and decided to leave my computer open, but when i wanted to continue, the game became buggy and starts to crash a lot, i couldnt progress at all.

the last time it happened wasnt a pleasant experience, i wasted several hours trying to fix the buggy emulator, i had to uninstall and reinstall to have it function properly again, all my progress got wiped because of that and i wasnt happy.

but seriously? a few hours nap and it just bugs out of nowhere? i do NOT want to uninstall and reinstall this thing again, ive progressed A LOT and i dont want it gone.

please, is there any other way to fix unecessary crashes and bugs like this without wiping your saved progress? i seriously need help, im scared i wont be able to continue the game anymore
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2020, 06:47 AM
RE: game keeps crashing for no reason
The bigger problem is the actual games themselves. You're not saying what game you were playing.

Games on the PSP just weren't designed to be played for hours and hours. Most people would save and charge their PSP after 3 hours or less, and so game developers just didn't know about bugs or test to find them. That means, even if PPSSPP does its job perfectly and runs everything right, the game will still get buggy and crash.

I remember games on my real PSP would sometimes just reset and make my PSP shut off. That's what happened when a PSP game crashed on a real PSP. When I saved more frequently, it didn't happen as much. Sometimes I'd restart a game just to be sure it wouldn't crash on me.

FWIW, this has happened to me with PS3 games too, but much less. It's not unique to the PSP.

Of course, it's possible there's an emulator bug but if you forgot to save before your nap, I can see how you might've been trapped in a buggy place - a save state would've saved the game bugs and restored them, and if the game was too broken to save properly with a normal save, you might be stuck.

The best fix for this would be to contact the original developer of the PSP game, and tell them how happy you would be to pay for a better Android/PC port. Maybe if they know people are still interested in this older game, they'll do it.

You may also be able to find another fan passionate about that particular game who wants to try to hack it and create patches for it.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply