Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Valkyria Chronicles 3 Extra Edition AI upscaled
08-07-2020, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2021 08:11 AM by efonte.)
[Image: RV6iCWT.png]

Texture pack for Valkyria Chronicles 3 Extra Edition using AI upscaled textures.
Compatible with JAPAN (ULJM05781 and ULJM05957) version.

Used the unofficial spanish translation created by Selvaria Team, although japan textures have also been included.

There are still textures to be dumped/upscaled.

Comparison screenshots:
[Image: KvlqMLE.gif]
[Image: wdpB6AM.gif]
[Image: CkQJNxU.gif]
[Image: l8bGRcw.gif]
[Image: tuJcbyQ.gif]
[Image: dkrgz34.gif]

Info:
Code:
- Version: 20200807
- Size: 7,50 GB
- Number of images: 9.818
- The original images are included so they can be rescaled using another AI or manually.
- ESRGAN has been used with the following models:
    - 4x_fatal_Anime_500000_G_4x_FatalPixels_340000_G_interp_075

Download:
Code:
Link : https://mega.nz/file/3s5lUA7b#tZmZAQUWztdw_5Tu4J6OpVS9-tXfMggKGyX1sQsT7Ik
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2021, 01:30 PM
RE: Valkyria Chronicles 3 Extra Edition AI upscaled
Nice work.
is that a separate model to this one
4x_fatal_Anime_500000_G

as I have tried that one and not been impressed. I have been using 4x_lollypop when i have done some esrgan upscaling
02-21-2021, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2021 12:50 PM by Odioregistrarme.)
Thanks for your work, the HD pack is pretty good (plus it made me discover a more complete translation of the game).

There's a wrong texture there: the map of the snow mountain town (area 4?) is wrong, it shows the area 3 map.

https://i.imgur.com/W4MAuew.png

By the way, I created a few textures more (the HD maps of gallia and the empire plus the turn icons). Here you have them:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HopnQu1...sp=sharing

PD: Do you have windows fonts similar to the ones from the videogame?
11-17-2021, 08:06 AM
Hello,

am I the only one who has problems downloading this pack because of MEGA? The download stops because it seems that MEGA doesn't let you download 8gb of files if you don't have a premium account. Thank you in advance!
12-05-2021, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2021 11:30 AM by ArcEnCiel.)
(11-17-2021 08:06 AM)passmar Wrote:  Hello,

am I the only one who has problems downloading this pack because of MEGA? The download stops because it seems that MEGA doesn't let you download 8gb of files if you don't have a premium account. Thank you in advance!

Yeah MEGA has a cap on how much you can download in single go. I believe if Filezsize is bigger than 5GB you will need to continue download at a later date.

I did at one point make a smaller download, but I had to reduce the resolution of some images(from 4x to 3x) in the process.

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/UsNi3LqC#fnfzxcybWT...qFxAdl-65g
12-09-2021, 07:08 AM
(12-05-2021 11:29 AM)ArcEnCiel Wrote:  
(11-17-2021 08:06 AM)passmar Wrote:  Hello,

Yeah MEGA has a cap on how much you can download in single go. I believe if Filezsize is bigger than 5GB you will need to continue download at a later date.

I did at one point make a smaller download, but I had to reduce the resolution of some images(from 4x to 3x) in the process.

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/UsNi3LqC#fnfzxcybWT...qFxAdl-65g

Hi, sorry for the late reply, thank you very much i can finally download it!
12-21-2021, 08:04 AM
I made an account today just to say, from one VC fan to another, thank you for this bringing this immaculate HD package to my attention (as well as HD texture mods in general for the that matter). This looks stunning and I cannot think of a more fitting way of playing such an amazing game. Simply incredible what technology can do these days, it's as if this game was always meant to look this way. Here's hoping SEGA will make an official HD collection one day but until then, this is about as good as it gets and you won't see me complaining for even a moment! Big Grin
02-25-2022, 01:57 AM
(02-21-2021 06:36 PM)Odioregistrarme Wrote:  Thanks for your work, the HD pack is pretty good (plus it made me discover a more complete translation of the game).

Hey sorry for the necro, but which more complete translation are you referring to?
04-28-2022, 05:34 AM
Registered just to say thank you for Valkyria Chronicles 2 & 3 upscales. I've never imagined people would do upscales for PSP games, the result is amazing
05-21-2022, 04:57 PM
Hey @efonte I had a question.

I'm currently going through and grabbing new textures and upscaling them using the interpolation of "4x_fatal_Anime_500000_G_4x_FatalPixels_340000_G_interp_075" in IEU, and things appear to be working well. One thing I noticed, though, was that for my English patch, I keep getting duplicate textures generated by PPSSPP. They are the same texture png image, but they have different texture hashes.

Specifically, the text for Crawl/Crouch and the text for Kill/Shot/Aim. I think I have 4 of these now.

(These aren't upscaled yet.)

[Image: kA8GivS.png]

[Image: YoEuRnh.png]

Am I doing something wrong?

Anyway, I plan on sharing my updates as soon as I collect a few more. I also fixed some issues in your textures regarding dialog bubbles. I had to revert them back to un-upscaled or else there would be ugly artifacts in the dialog bubbles themselves.
05-23-2022, 01:45 PM
Hey @efonte I had a question.

I'm currently going through and grabbing new textures and upscaling them using the interpolation of "4x_fatal_Anime_500000_G_4x_FatalPixels_340000_G_interp_075" in IEU, and things appear to be working well. One thing I noticed, though, was that for my English patch, I keep getting duplicate textures generated by PPSSPP. They are the same texture png image, but they have different texture hashes.

Specifically, the text for Crawl/Crouch and the text for Kill/Shot/Aim. I think I have 4 of these now.

(These aren't upscaled yet.)

[Image: kA8GivS.png]

[Image: YoEuRnh.png]

Am I doing something wrong?

Anyway, I plan on sharing my updates as soon as I collect a few more. I also fixed some issues in your textures regarding dialog bubbles. I had to revert them back to un-upscaled or else there would be ugly artifacts in the dialog bubbles themselves.
10-15-2022, 03:26 PM
How to install these textures?
HELP!
I'm a complete amateur at this.
10-31-2022, 04:22 AM
IBNobody Wrote:Anyway, I plan on sharing my updates as soon as I collect a few more. I also fixed some issues in your textures regarding dialog bubbles. I had to revert them back to un-upscaled or else there would be ugly artifacts in the dialog bubbles themselves.
Hey, you wouldn't happen to be done with your update yet? Thanks in advance.
Also big thanks to efonte and everyone that's contributed to this and the VC2 patches. Played VC2 a couple of months ago and now I'm playing 3. The stuff that's been upscaled looks amazing compared to the original.
05-24-2023, 04:15 AM
Has this been uploaded to better places such as GitHub instead of MEGA?
09-25-2023, 02:52 PM
Will double check but seems to crash In retroarch