Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
saved by accident
03-16-2018, 05:51 PM
Exclamation saved by accident
I was playing p3p with a progress of 20+ hours of gameplay then when I started the game today I ACCIDENTALLY saved the main menu instead of loading the save state =( I didn't use the game's save function I only used the emulator's so please help is there a way to recover my save state?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2018, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2018 01:06 AM by GuilhermeGS2.)
RE: saved by accident
I understand you, bro. I'm almost sure there's no way to recovery, but it would be a nice idea to add a auto backup save state feature in the emulator, backup last two saved states in the same slot.

Moved.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
03-17-2018, 05:49 PM
Not unless the savestate was backed up somewhere else (like in a windows backup, or a phone backup) prior to being overwritten.

Btw you should really not rely on savestates alone many many issues come up on this board because something went wrong using savestates. In game saves are more stable and cause less other issues.
03-24-2018, 03:54 PM
There's an undo function coming in new builds where it will always save an additional file with the previous state, which you can manually copy over. There will be UI added for this at some point too. Won't help you though Sad

Make sure to always save from time to time using the in-game save anyway, savestates do work pretty well in PPSSPP but it's good to have as a backup.
05-25-2020, 09:15 AM
i have the same problem, in the new version of ppsspp you added the Savedata Manager and Savestate option, i can see there the backup
(MHFU backup1) but when i click it, i can see the tumbnail and 2 option - Back and Delete.
how do i get it back please?
08-07-2020, 05:34 AM
(05-25-2020 09:15 AM)ref_k Wrote:  i have the same problem, in the new version of ppsspp you added the Savedata Manager and Savestate option, i can see there the backup
(MHFU backup1) but when i click it, i can see the tumbnail and 2 option - Back and Delete.
how do i get it back please?

I just figured it out after doing the same thing. What you need to do is go to your PPSSPP file memstick>PSP>PPSSPP_State> and you will see a .png and a .ppst file. just delete the "undo" part of the name and then you should be able to see the save in game.

i.e. from this ULES01521_1.00_0.undo.ppst to ULES01521_1.00_0.ppst.

Hope this helps!