Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
mod for playstation classic save/cheats not working, need help
06-09-2020, 10:57 PM
mod for playstation classic save/cheats not working, need help
i'm a newb when it comes to this stuff, so i apologize in advance if i miss something obvious.

i really want to play me and my katamari, so i tried going through the new PPSSPP mod. this is where i started running into the old memory card save problems i was having with retroarch, where the game freezes after i try to name my island. the way i managed to fix the problem through retroarch was i downloaded the PPSSPP assets folder and added them to the PPSSPP folder in the system folder of retroarch. where do i add the assets folder for the mod? or do i have to do something different?

i tried adding various combinations of system/assets folder to the ppsspp folder in the flash drive and got nothing.

my second question actually goes for either retroarch or the mod: there's a glitch in the game which produces lines in the distance, making it look wonky. i found a cheat workaround set by LunaMOO from github and managed to make it work on pc by editing the .ini files, but how do i apply that in retroarch and/or the mod? the retroarch version uses .cht and not .ini or cheat.db from what i can tell, so do i have to input it manually? and for the mod, do i add the cheats folder in a specific place? i tried searching these forums but i mustve missed it.

finally, im personally ok with either the retroarch cheat fix or the mod's PPSSPP memory card fix, but i have a feeling if i fix the mod first, im pretty sure im going to run into the glitch again, because it only shows up after the first couple levels. as for the retroarch fix, i feel that would be awesome and convenient, but the mod runs soooo much better, and id like to play through that instead

thanks everyone, you're doing great work!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply