Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
(Issues with textures on Switch)FF7 Crisis Core HD/Remaster crashing on PPSSPP Switch
06-05-2020, 10:29 PM
(Issues with textures on Switch)FF7 Crisis Core HD/Remaster crashing on PPSSPP Switch
Not long ago, I just hacked my Switch and I installed PPSSPP on it. Just tested today (Along with RetroArch) and I'm impressed with the results. I found out that you can load up custom textures on games and it works. But unfortunately, it crashes.

The textures does work on the main menu and it always crashes on the first cutscene. One time though, it actually played the first part of the game and it just ran fine, until it gave up when it tried to load up the second area. So basically, it can work, I just don't know how. Even weirder is that I tried running just a UI upscale mod and it still crashes (Despite that it deals with less resources). It worked for someone else, but not me for some reason ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/ppsspp-switc...71/page-12 ).

Is there any suggestions of what I can do to fix this issue? I'm using the latest version, haven't changed a lot of settings other than replace textures (I'm a newbie to PPSSPP) and I'm not overclocking the Switch (If overclocking the Switch is the way, definitely recommend it to me).

Also, what's the difference between GL and GLES2 (Again, I'm big newbie)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2020, 11:16 PM
RE: (Issues with textures on Switch)FF7 Crisis Core HD/Remaster crashing on PPSSPP Switch
Update: I made a save file without the texture mods and then loaded it in with them and it worked!
The FF7 Crisis Core HD/Remaster texture pack works, but it still hiccups quite a bit. The UI upscale mod works perfectly with no issues other then the crashing with the first cutscene. I think the issue relates to going from FMV to in-game.

Probably the next update would be when I encounter another FMV.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply