Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 12/16/2021]
04-21-2022, 08:39 PM
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 12/16/2021]
(04-20-2022 08:44 PM)chrisfand Wrote:  
(04-19-2022 08:43 PM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  
(04-02-2022 03:49 AM)Sbn_rustic Wrote:  Hello! Made an account to ask if there are any other specific settings I should have enabled for playing on a mobile device (Galaxy Fold 3 specifically) because it seems like even at 3x the game stutters a good amount when anyone enters a dialogue (music stops for a second as well)
Is it just a limitation of my phone not being able to play it or am I missing something besides the instructions provided. Thank you in advance!

Have you tried compressing the PNGs with pngquant? The ~70% reduction in file size across the board might reduce stutters depending on what the bottleneck is (VRAM, storage speed, PNG decoding speed).

You can try this tool to batch process your whole pack overnight (it's slow): https://nukesaq88.github.io/Pngyu/

I'd recommend to leave the slider at max quality. Enabling dithering will fix color banding, but I think it might use an older version of pngquant because it sometimes dithers in unnecessary places. In that case, you're better off running the latest release of pngquant from the commandline or maybe try another GUI.

I don't think it is storage size since it seems to stutter about the same amount between 3x and 6x, even with 8 GB of VRAM. But PNG decoding speed might have something to do with that? Is there any way to reduce the amount of time it takes to decode a PNG?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 12/16/2021] - TridentOfTheAbyss - 04-21-2022 08:39 PM