Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 12/16/2021]
12-16-2021, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2021 03:53 PM by TridentOfTheAbyss.)
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 12/16/2021]
Wow, that didn't take too long, now did it... sorry. I was pretty busy this year, but that isn't the only thing that delayed this update (version 3.0). There were a lot of improvements to upscaling that I was testing out and I kept trying to improve the current upscales of textures or do completely new upscales. Eventually (very recently), I decided to get this belated update out without the new improvements because it had been too long. And that brings us to today...

What I plan to update in the upcoming updates:
-The dynamic backdrops need to be reupscaled. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but most methods are better than the current one, if only slightly.
-The cutscene screenshots need to be reupscaled using a new method someone gave to me on the Game Upscale Discord.
-The effects need to be upscaled. They should be simple enough, but it's too soon to say for sure.
-The portraits might need to be reupscaled after retraining the persona model to mk4. Not sure if I'll do this or just keep editing the current upscaled (like fixing Akihiko and Aigis' pupils).
-I need to QC the weapon textures still... I definitely didn't forget to do it in this update.
-Maybe improve the Credit Visuals (if at all possible).
-I need to QC the character model textures. They were kinda a mess because of how I set up my workstation so I left them for a future update.
-Look into using the artbook cut-ins for Margaret and Theodore.
-Add in Margaret's new model render. One step away from getting that done, but I can't quite nail it.
-And finally, I recognize that some point down the line I'll probably need to start model posing in Blender or something in order to properly update the model renders, but I'm going to put that off as long as humanly possible.

Also, I'm going to add stuff like button prompt mods and extra faithful patches to the patches folder when I find the time (I am out of time today). What won't be in the patches folder anymore are the BETA update patches. Instead of using those, I'm just going to actually update the pack... like I should have for version 2.2 before it became so big that I called it version 3.0.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 12/16/2021] - TridentOfTheAbyss - 12-16-2021 03:50 PM