Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 12/16/2021]
12-29-2020, 07:46 PM
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Expansion Using AI (WIP) [Updated 12/27/2020]
(12-27-2020 11:00 PM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  
(12-26-2020 03:58 AM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  Updated the patch. Getting ever closer to version 2.2. Probably gonna work on blinking animations or dynamic backdrops next. After that, gonna start fixing pupils if I can find time.

Well, I did pupils first instead. Only Yukari's pupils have been fixed so far. Got myself a little familiar with GIMP in the process. Let me know what you think of the new pupils and any problems you have with the new versions (since this isn't my specialty). The new versions can be found in the updated patch.

I've started looking through. The new pupils look pretty good! They sort of vacillate between being a softer gradient that fades and an outright oval-ish shape, but I realized that this is something FES actually does as well in it's base portraits for Yukari, so I want to chalk it up to being something intentional. This isn't something new to the pupil fix of course, but i've noticed that certain accessories get smudged a bit during the upscale process, like the dark divots on Yukari's heart choker. The portraits also have a slightly cooler tint than the originals, but I think it might save some headaches to leave any manual fixing for these two things until a "final" set of upscale models is nailed down. (Lest you have to redraw the redraw, as it were)
The smudging crops up in some of the backdrops as well, like the FMV shots surrounding Nyx, the cross hanging shots around the betrayal, and the ones of the MCs sleeping.
I figure it might owe to being upscaled with older models than the character portraits at this point.

Female Orpheus seems to be uses the older textures I did with darker shadows for the main yellow body, rather than the newer ones. Did you mean to do that? I came across with an emulation issue in PPSSPP too. For the moons, I corrected the rotation of the one during the Nyx fight to closer match the original texture, but in-game the moon seems to be mirrored for some reason. (This is despite the new texture and the old one more or less being aligned)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Expansion Using AI (WIP) [Updated 12/27/2020] - flamecrest920 - 12-29-2020 07:46 PM