Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 12/16/2021]
12-16-2020, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2020 06:15 PM by flamecrest920.)
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Expansion Using AI (WIP) [Updated 12/15/2020]
Hey guys, just popping in to say that I updated the PS2 Persona texture applications with some more. Trident let me know that there's a bit of a texture filtering issue that impedes it ingame, so watch out for that. Anyways, I added Chi You, Castor, Surt, and Polydeuces completed Nemesis (and moved it out of Hypnos's folder, *whoops*), got Seth's other wing texture, and the brown part of Hypnos. For the most part Atlus literally split the PS2 textures in half and shrunk them rather than doing any of the usual texture combining, so I did the same and just....didn't shrink them. So as far as I know, there weren't any problems with having to stretch or shrink the textures to compensate for any mapping changes.

Link is the exact same, but it's here just in case.

https://mega.nz/folder/DxsHXQTY#Zy2YPrDVA6Vd8Vsa8HiYsg

Just for fun, I made an ingame version of Margaret's blond hair (to match her 2.1 portrait of course) and added it to the Characters folder here:

https://mega.nz/folder/rxcAmb5L#NnBmqW0sWIeYII6i0KwCUA

It affects both her actual model and has a replacement for her Model Render as well, with the normal 2.1 stuff in the folder for easy swapping's sake if you decide it isn't your thing.

Truth be told I briefly thought about stopping working on the PS2 texture stuff, but then I realized how close we'd both gotten to filling out all of the Personas and felt motivated I guess. Afaik most of what's left either has some prohibitive texture mapping, or just outright wasn't shrunk from the PS2 version, so I think we're getting there. Happy to offer my two cents in case it helps, as always.

EDIT: Ninja link fix. Fun facts while i'm here: P3P Odin comes from Persona *4* rather than 3 itself for some reason. Titania also used completely different textures in spots despite again, being meant to be the design from 3. I used textures from 3 in my pack of course.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Expansion Using AI (WIP) [Updated 12/15/2020] - flamecrest920 - 12-16-2020 06:10 PM