Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game compatibility feedback - help wanted
03-22-2020, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2020 01:45 AM by [Unknown].)
Game compatibility feedback - help wanted
Whenever anyone clicks "Report Feedback" in PPSSPP, their rating goes here:

https://report.ppsspp.org/games

Mainly, this gives everyone a chance to see what settings have and haven't worked for other people, if another disc CRC is working better, etc. PPSSPP will even automatically recommend settings changes (when you report it not working) if it finds something that might help.

I've made some updates to this recently, but I could use some help.

1. Sometimes people say a game doesn't run at all, but include a screenshot of it working (example: https://report.ppsspp.org/game/ULES00627_1.00 .) If anyone has an idea why, comments are appreciated.

2. In general, there's still a lot of games that either have no feedback or are marked as not running. If you have any of them, try them out and report that they work.

3. I've added "other versions" to games (example: https://report.ppsspp.org/game/UCES00842_1.00 .) Some of these had to be added manually, so if you know of any Japanese, Korean, European, US, etc. releases that aren't linked together (likely for having different names), that feedback would help improve this list.

4. I'm thinking of adding genres/tags/some other kind of filtering. What would people find useful? Does anyone want to help mark genres?

5. Do you have games not on this list? It only includes games someone has played in PPSSPP while reporting is on. I noticed a few games I have but rarely test were missing recently. Reporting games you have would fill out this list.

Not only does improving this list help people know if games work or find workarounds, but it also helps development: knowing which versions of a game are available, if there's a demo, etc. may help narrow down bugs.

Also some stats for those who have read this far:

Game versions by best reported status:
- 33% Perfect
- 11% Playable
- 5% Ingame
- 3% Menu only
- 5% Doesn't boot
- 43% Unreported

Reports by month:
- March 2020 to now: 5,580 (704 different games, +65 new games)
- February 2020: 6,835 (749 different games, +16 new games)
- January 2020: 6,910 (731 different games, +17 new games)

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2020, 09:56 AM
RE: Game compatibility feedback - help wanted
About 2 I think people just report it as not working due to poor performance on their hardware or they just don't care to give a true and good report.

The games genres/tags can be a good addition.
04-10-2020, 01:47 PM
You're probably right. But I've also seen Perfect on games that definitely have obvious glitches... sigh.

I've been thinking to have this right we probably need a team of users who can set an "official" compatibility rating. Some games wouldn't have one, but others could. This would help suggest proper settings.

But if people reported compatibility accurately, it would help us actually know if we broke games in new versions. Oh well.

Stats update:
March 2020: 8,996 (846 different games, +75 new games)
April 2020 so far: 3,509 (479 different games, +15 new games)
April 2020 (projected): ~9,500 (~800 different games, ~40 new games)

-[Unknown]
04-10-2020, 02:26 PM
(03-22-2020 01:45 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  4. I'm thinking of adding genres/tags/some other kind of filtering. What would people find useful? Does anyone want to help mark genres?

5. Do you have games not on this list? It only includes games someone has played in PPSSPP while reporting is on. I noticed a few games I have but rarely test were missing recently. Reporting games you have would fill out this list.

Not only does improving this list help people know if games work or find workarounds, but it also helps development: knowing which versions of a game are available, if there's a demo, etc. may help narrow down bugs.

4.with the tags it'd be nice on EU games to have some sort of indication with a flag as to what country some of them come from, for example EA tend not to have 1 EFIGS version for all of europe obviously with different printed packaging, they have 1 for E 1 for F 1 for I 1 for G 1 for S and anymore languages supported in europe so you tend to have the same game in the list like 5-10 times, also would it be possible to have the phone model included on the reports rather than just the GPU?

5.advanscene may be a good crossreferencing website for different region versions/alternative titles along with their GAME/UMD ID and to see if any games are missing
04-11-2020, 05:59 AM
Language is a good idea, thanks. I think this would have to get imported from somewhere, but maybe we could show it as a flag.

As for model, we don't really get something useful for that most of the time. Sometimes we can get the SOC, but not always. We get decently detailed GPU information and feature support about the CPU.

The CPU features do also have its name. This is sometimes useful like "SGH-T989", but most times not so useful like "huawei". Because the CPU info is so low quality and hard to translate to something users can understand, we don't even show it on the report pages. We do not have the Ghz, but we do have the # of cores (though it's sometimes reported as 0 cores.)

Will take a look at that for cross referencing.

-[Unknown]
04-11-2020, 01:48 PM
(04-11-2020 05:59 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Language is a good idea, thanks. I think this would have to get imported from somewhere, but maybe we could show it as a flag.

As for model, we don't really get something useful for that most of the time. Sometimes we can get the SOC, but not always. We get decently detailed GPU information and feature support about the CPU.

The CPU features do also have its name. This is sometimes useful like "SGH-T989", but most times not so useful like "huawei". Because the CPU info is so low quality and hard to translate to something users can understand, we don't even show it on the report pages. We do not have the Ghz, but we do have the # of cores (though it's sometimes reported as 0 cores.)

Will take a look at that for cross referencing.

-[Unknown]

there is also a website called playstation datacenter, they have a good majority of the physical releases on PSP with their language options in the game along with the game ID so maybe you could import the list into excel and have it find all the duplicates to have a better idea of what games have their own language editions
04-24-2020, 11:00 PM
Los juegos con la compatibilidad a 1500 me anda muy bien