Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
PSP - homebrew emulators 2
04-30-2013, 09:24 PM
RE: PSP - homebrew emulators 2
all emulators working now at least on android,the snes9x drops some frames to 40 but its very playable,i don't know how to make it full screen Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2013, 09:26 PM
Awesome news! No need to have an android specific section anymore. Smile
04-30-2013, 09:35 PM
the only ones that have some problems is the Snes9xTyl 0.4.2 and pc engine(another active syscall)
05-03-2013, 06:55 AM
We need to get JIT working on these emulators. Think: these emulators running 5x faster. If they are already running full speed, think: using a lot less battery!
05-03-2013, 09:59 AM
with some kind of trick?heavy ones as capcom running on my s2 30-45 vps,full speed on windows.Is it possible?
05-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Also, if it is possible, theoretically, could this mean that emulators such as daedalusx64 could run faster than they ever did on the PSP itself. Smile
05-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Yes, of course.
05-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Wow, really! That's awesome if it can do that. Maybe that could make the world of difference for certain games in daedalusx64.
05-06-2013, 12:12 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 01:00 AM by xsacha.)
Is anyone able to track down which clear cache function daedalus is failing on when you enable dynamic recompiler?

(04-25-2013 12:22 PM)BubblegumBalloon Wrote:  To compile daedalusx64 you need to following:

Microsoft Visual Studio C++ (I used the express edition)
PSPSDK http://sourceforge.net/projects/minpspw/ << must install this to compile homebrew

You will also need the daedalus source code which can be found here http://daedalusx64.svn.sourceforge.net/v...edalusx64/

1 Look for file call DaedalusX64.sln double click it, Now Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition will open

2 right click DaedalusPSP and choose Set as Startup project

3 Now click on the green arrow.
Note: A message will say that that Media engine.prx, DveManager.prx and DaedalusPSP are outdated,
thats normal since as far as i know those two prxs are Native plugins from the psp, they aren't modified,
correct me if I'm wrong please
Press OK

4 After is done you should receive a warning, thats normal, after that your done compiling !

I didn't need to do #2 (it was already startup project).
I had to change Build to 'Release, PSP' from 'Debug, Win32'.

I compiled it and got the error: 'vsmake' is not recognized as an internal or external command
Edit: It seems the 'PSP' build is identical to the Win32 build and it is trying to build with 'vsmake'.
Edit: Replaced all the settings with the psp make instead. Now getting an 'Error 2'.

Then I opened a command prompt in the 'trunk' dir and typed in 'make'. Seems to build successfully but it only created a few .PRX files and no main DaedalusX64 app.

Going to try Linux instead.
Edit: Worked first go on Linux. I have an EBOOT.PBP now.
05-06-2013, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 03:33 AM by xsacha.)
I removed firmware check, home button mapper and media engine but latest version still won't work.
It looks like it's calling some unknown sys calls (newer firmware related?).

By the way, Daedalus uses sceKernelIcacheInvalidateRange( mpBuffer, mBufferPtr ); for its JIT.
05-06-2013, 03:35 AM
(05-06-2013 02:48 AM)xsacha Wrote:  I removed firmware check, home button mapper and media engine but latest version still won't work.
It looks like it's calling some unknown sys calls (newer firmware related?).

By the way, Daedalus uses sceKernelIcacheInvalidateRange( mpBuffer, mBufferPtr ); for its JIT.

Oh Crap, after all that, does that mean we are stuck with earlier build that does work then?
Thanks for trying though.
05-06-2013, 03:59 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 04:26 AM by xsacha.)
Seems to be some issues with the new graphics allocation method.
It has new code that allocates directly to VRAM or volatile memory.
I don't think any of the builds with volatile memory work.

Edit: OK, just removed VolatileMem and everything that uses it (Languages, Cheats). Also, removed graphics allocation.
Let's see what happens.

Edit: The PSP app is telling me std::bad_alloc so I guess I did something wrong.

Does anyone know the last working revision?
05-06-2013, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 12:32 PM by BubblegumBalloon.)
r707 (the one that let you skip the firmware check) was the last one I used that worked. The source is here http://daedalusx64.svn.sourceforge.net/v...athrev=707

I cant remember the revision of PPSSPP I used. The last time I tested daedalus was maybe a month ago?
05-06-2013, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 01:40 PM by xsacha.)
v721 is working for me too.

By the way, all versions let you skip firmware check. It's just the newest ones crash afterwards (unrelated to firmware).
05-06-2013, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 02:40 PM by BubblegumBalloon.)
Ahhhh so thats why it wasn't working. I managed to remove it before and I was really confused why the emulator kept crashing. I thought I just did something wrong. Tongue

Hmm I wonder what is making it crash as soon as it tries to load the UI?

I know daedalus has had some major UI overhauls. They moved over to a new UI at some point but in more recent versions they reverted back to the old UI. (something about the new UI having too many things hardcoded even though it looked better)