Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
PSP - homebrew emulators 2
04-21-2013, 09:43 PM
RE: PSP - homebrew emulators 2
Since you guys are looking at the N64 emulator's source code, can you tell us which instruction it uses to clear cache so we can handle it in PPSSPP?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2013, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 10:12 PM by BubblegumBalloon.)
Hey xsasha, im not sure how I would find that out. Im poking around the source but I dont really understand much of it.

Also I think there is more to this problem than the psp firmware check. When we press square the emulator DOES successfully skip the firmware check but its a bunch of other problems that is causing it to exit. Check the log console when running the latest Daedalus rev to see what I mean.

For anybody who wants to look at the source code you can look at it here http://daedalusx64.svn.sourceforge.net/v...edalusx64/

You can view it in the browser like on github, no need to download it.

And yeah I give up, I tried everything and it just doesnt work. As I said earlier its a much deeper problem than the firmware check.
04-22-2013, 02:04 AM
Ok mate we did our best, both of us don't know C++.
I also tried various different methods all resulting in the emulator exiting or not compiling due to me commenting out certain lines of code.
I even found the actual call to the firmware check where it originates from, or so I thought, it did actually stop the purple X64 being drawn to the screen, but still exit. I just don't understand that WHY DID IT EXIT.
There was no reason for it, unless there is another check also in there somewhere, which I missed???

Any idea's Xsasha???
04-22-2013, 01:32 PM
I know it doesn't work, but wouldn't it be great in this case if we could boot a Hen eboot and load a plugin which spoofs the firmware.

I can't remember how to do it these days, I think we write a txt file with the firmware we want to spoof too, which is then placed in flash0... something like that. I can't even remember if it actually worked on the PSP itself.

Besides, I've tried booting TN Hen for the fun of it but PPSSPP just crashes for obvious reasons. Blush
04-24-2013, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 11:56 AM by xsacha.)
If you guys give instructions to set up the PSP dev environment (what to download/install), I might compile this emulator without firmware check for you.
04-25-2013, 10:52 AM
That would be really great if it/you could do that. The later versions/revisions of homebrew are all signed and run on later firmware. Whereas older homebrew or older homebrew revisions tend to be unsigned and run on older firmware but are harder to get your hands on. Smile
04-25-2013, 11:13 AM
Snes9x glitch free emulator added
04-25-2013, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2013 12:25 PM by BubblegumBalloon.)
To compile daedalusx64 you need to following:

Microsoft Visual Studio C++ (I used the express edition)
PSPSDK http://sourceforge.net/projects/minpspw/ << must install this to compile homebrew

You will also need the daedalus source code which can be found here http://daedalusx64.svn.sourceforge.net/v...edalusx64/

1 Look for file call DaedalusX64.sln double click it, Now Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition will open

2 right click DaedalusPSP and choose Set as Startup project

3 Now click on the green arrow.
Note: A message will say that that Media engine.prx, DveManager.prx and DaedalusPSP are outdated,
thats normal since as far as i know those two prxs are Native plugins from the psp, they aren't modified,
correct me if I'm wrong please
Press OK

4 After is done you should receive a warning, thats normal, after that your done compiling !
04-25-2013, 02:07 PM
@xsacha

you can read instructions how to build Unreal Speccy Portable for PSP.
04-26-2013, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2013 12:10 PM by xsacha.)
Thanks for the instructions. I'll have a look at this on the weekend between automated build scripts, Sachup and Sachibar Big Grin
04-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Sorry for not being particularly productive, but someone had to say this:
[Image: 25232387.jpg]
04-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Yo Lawl Big Grin
04-26-2013, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2013 02:47 PM by Dwightyone.)
I can beat that. An emulator in an emulator in an emulator.

PPSSSP>gpSP>PocketNES

I'm so competitive! Big Grin
04-26-2013, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2013 08:20 PM by sfageas.)
Capcom CPS1 emulator added
Capcom CPS2 emulator added
04-26-2013, 10:18 PM
People don't get the concept behind this "Inception" inspired thread.
The point is that those emulators can actualy be useful for debugging the PPSSPP, they can return some very intresting stuff, most of the times impossible to track in normal PSP games.