Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
PSP - homebrew emulators 2
04-21-2013, 04:28 PM
RE: PSP - homebrew emulators 2
Just tried your download, Nope no luck had a build error again, i tried commenting out parts of the code also (// before the code), made no difference, it just kept on exiting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2013, 04:42 PM
(04-21-2013 04:28 PM)The Phoenix Wrote:  Just tried your download, Nope no luck had a build error again, i tried commenting out parts of the code also (// before the code), made no difference, it just kept on exiting.

What did the error say? Did it highlight which part of the code was incorrect?
04-21-2013, 04:54 PM
(04-21-2013 04:42 PM)BubblegumBalloon Wrote:  
(04-21-2013 04:28 PM)The Phoenix Wrote:  Just tried your download, Nope no luck had a build error again, i tried commenting out parts of the code also (// before the code), made no difference, it just kept on exiting.

What did the error say? Did it highlight which part of the code was incorrect?
Code:
1>------ Build started: Project: MediaEnginePRX, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: DveMgr, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Performing Makefile project actions
2>Performing Makefile project actions
1>cp mediaengine.prx "../../.."
2>cp dvemgr.prx "../../.."
2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\The Phoenix\Desktop\daedalusx64(modified to work with ppsspp)\daedalusx64\trunk\Source\SysPSP\DveMgr\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\The Phoenix\Desktop\daedalusx64(modified to work with ppsspp)\daedalusx64\trunk\Source\SysPSP\MediaEnginePRX\obj\Release\MediaEnginePR​XBuildLog.htm"
1>MediaEnginePRX - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
2>DveMgr - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
3>------ Build started: Project: DaedalusPSP, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
3>Performing Makefile project actions
3>svnversion not found, trying SubWCRev
3>SubWCRev : E155007: 'C:\Users\The Phoenix\Desktop\daedalusx64(modified to work with ppsspp)\daedalusx64\trunk' is not a working copy
3>C:\pspsdk\bin\make: [svn] Error 10 (ignored)
3>psp-g++ -I/SDK/include -I./SDK/include -I. -IC:/pspsdk/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -DNDEBUG -Wall -MD -ffast-math -fsingle-precision-constant -fpredictive-commoning -mno-check-zero-division -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -iquote./Source/SysPSP/Include -iquote./Source/Config/Release -iquote./Source -iquote./Source/SysPSP -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=500   -c -o Source/SysPSP/main.o Source/SysPSP/main.cpp
3>Source/SysPSP/main.cpp: In function 'bool Initialize()':
3>Source/SysPSP/main.cpp (121) : error: too many arguments to function 'void DaedalusFWCheck()'
3>Source/SysPSP/main.cpp (293) : error: at this point in file
3>C:\pspsdk\bin\make: *** [Source/SysPSP/main.o] Error 1
3>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\The Phoenix\Desktop\daedalusx64(modified to work with ppsspp)\daedalusx64\trunk\obj\Release\DaedalusPSPBuildLog.htm"
3>DaedalusPSP - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 2 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

This is the complete error write up from MVS C++ 2008
04-21-2013, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 05:26 PM by BubblegumBalloon.)
This was where it went wrong, I will look into it.

Code:
3>Source/SysPSP/main.cpp (121) : error: too many arguments to function 'void DaedalusFWCheck()'
3>Source/SysPSP/main.cpp (293) : error: at this point in file

It would help if I actually understood C++. Ive only ever programed in C# which is a lot less complicated.

Ok so what im doing now is just replacing the entire main class with the version from rev 707. That last known version that lets you skip the firmware check. It will either work perfectly or throw a tonne of error... lets hope it works! Big Grin

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?r0jlw0r23jq3m4i
04-21-2013, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 07:13 PM by BubblegumBalloon.)
UPDATE: I now have access to a windows computer and managed to compile a build which ignores the firmware check... but where on earth does visual studio save the eboot file? I cant find it in the bin folder??
04-21-2013, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 07:21 PM by The Phoenix.)
All files should be together in the same folder as the .SLN file folder used to start the compilation.
04-21-2013, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 07:35 PM by BubblegumBalloon.)
Still no luck, its says its build successfully but no eboot is generated.

I will redownload the source and try again, just to see if I can build an eboot at all even with the unmodified version. If it doesnt I will just send you my changes and you can give it another shot. Smile

Its much better working on it in visual studio rather than using a text editor since I can actually see any errors and fix them.

Is there any particular guide you followed to allow psp homebrew to be compiled in VS? This is what I used: Link
04-21-2013, 07:49 PM
(04-21-2013 07:30 PM)BubblegumBalloon Wrote:  Still no luck, its says its build successfully but no eboot is generated.

I will redownload the source and try again, just to see if I can build an eboot at all even with the unmodified version. If it doesnt I will just send you my changes and you can give it another shot. Smile

Its much better working on it in visual studio rather than using a text editor since I can actually see any errors and fix them.
What I do is download the source, by right clicking in a new folder on desktop, clicking on SVN Checkout. edit the file main.cpp. save the new file in VS C++ 2008, then double click on the DaedalusX64.sln found in the trunk folder.
When program starts up, change the debug to release, right click on the DaedalusPSP on the left side, and click on Set as startup project, click on large green arrow next to release.

Is that how you compile yours?
04-21-2013, 07:52 PM
yeah doing exactly the same thing. I just noticed that I was using an older version of pspdev which may be the reason for my problems. I was using 9.5 while the newest is 11.2r3.

Im also using visual studio express C++ 2012 which has that annoying new metro UI. Tongue
04-21-2013, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 07:55 PM by The Phoenix.)
(04-21-2013 07:52 PM)BubblegumBalloon Wrote:  Im also using visual studio express C++ 2012 which has that annoying new metro UI. Tongue

Tell me about it, its very good, but just not for this task, I found.

Edit: I bet if [Unknown] took a look at this, he would solve it in 5 sec's flat. LOL
04-21-2013, 07:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 07:57 PM by BubblegumBalloon.)
Yeah probably haha, this is all new to me.

Woo I can now make eboots! Now to make all the changes again and compile it! And yes it was pspdev that was the problem. Big Grin
04-21-2013, 08:01 PM
(04-21-2013 07:56 PM)BubblegumBalloon Wrote:  Yeah probably haha, this is all new to me.

Woo I can now make eboots! Now to make all the changes again and compile it! And yes it was pspdev that was the problem. Big Grin

Good Luck Mate, crossing me fingers here X
04-21-2013, 09:14 PM
After aages of tinkering I just cant work out how to get this to work properly. I disabled the firmware check in like 10 different ways by the emulator just auto exits on startup.... -_-
04-21-2013, 09:17 PM
(04-21-2013 09:14 PM)BubblegumBalloon Wrote:  After aages of tinkering I just cant work out how to get this to work properly. I disabled the firmware check in like 10 different ways by the emulator just auto exits on startup.... -_-

Maybe change which firmwares it's looking for? I'm not sure if it's possible but a way around the check could be to make it believe any firmware is the correct one.
04-21-2013, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 09:41 PM by BubblegumBalloon.)
I wish it was that easy. Tongue

we will definitely need somebody who knows C++ to take a look at this, even when I set the minimum firmware version to 0 it still just exits on startup.

Ok now ive gone mad, ive commented out every single line in the source code where it says sceKernelExitGame. Which basically means quit the emulator.