Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
official source tarball (NOT git)
11-26-2012, 10:16 PM
RE: official source tarball (NOT git)
(11-26-2012 08:45 PM)Henrik Wrote:  It's a bit early for that I think, PPSSPP is still in very early stages. If you insist, you'll have to make do with the tar that Github generates every time we tag a new version: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/tags . Don't know if that includes the "native" submodule, which is required for building, though.
I disagree. You're already versioning the package and providing downloads for the various OSes/platforms that are officially supported. This would just be one more file with the source needed to build the ppsspp. However, i see that you're not providing any downloads for the 0.3.x branch, so if that's what you mean by "too early", then i understand.

Thanks for the link to the tagged distfiles. I missed that somehow on your github. That's exactly what i was looking for, but like you thought it doesn't include the native submodule which is needed to build ppsspp.

When it is deemed ready to start providing official source distfiles for this package, i would be most interested in testing it under pkgsrc. There's also a bulk build team for pkgsrc that builds packages under various OS/architectures, so you could see how ppsspp builds/installs on quite a few more systems.

I'll monitor this thread and your official downloads for any distfiles posted. When they are, i'll come back with a build and install log and any patches that were required to get it to work properly under pkgsrc.

Best regards,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: official source tarball (NOT git) - porkpie - 11-26-2012 10:16 PM