Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Playbook - Thanks for not supporting us anymore
04-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Playbook - Thanks for not supporting us anymore
Ya know, I was totally psyched because unlike Mupen64 and PCSX - Rearmed (not that PCSX has anything I can think of that needs fixed, but Mupen64 needs updated it barely works), this emulator still supported Playbook. But now, it only supports BB10. Why no love for us?

Thanks for getting my hopes up. I love wasting the bandwidth to dl 10 gigs of psp isos on my 2Mb connection to test an emulator that is abandoned when it's almost working.

If I knew how to do what you are doing, I would do it myself, but I'm a historian not a coder. Completely different skillsets. And I'm not gonna take the time to learn how to, just like you probably wouldn't take the time to learn my skill set to finish someone else's interpretation of factual evidence and the inferred meanings behind events that happened.

End complaint. Hopefully we get BB10 sometime soon, but until then we PB owners are out in the cold.
Find all posts by this user
04-14-2013, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2013 07:07 PM by EvilKingStan.)
RE: Playbook - Thanks for not supporting us anymore
(04-14-2013 05:51 PM)ThaSwapMeetPimp Wrote:  Ya know, I was totally psyched because unlike Mupen64 and PCSX - Rearmed (not that PCSX has anything I can think of that needs fixed, but Mupen64 needs updated it barely works), this emulator still supported Playbook. But now, it only supports BB10. Why no love for us?

Thanks for getting my hopes up. I love wasting the bandwidth to dl 10 gigs of psp isos on my 2Mb connection to test an emulator that is abandoned when it's almost working.

If I knew how to do what you are doing, I would do it myself, but I'm a historian not a coder. Completely different skillsets. And I'm not gonna take the time to learn how to, just like you probably wouldn't take the time to learn my skill set to finish someone else's interpretation of factual evidence and the inferred meanings behind events that happened.

End complaint. Hopefully we get BB10 sometime soon, but until then we PB owners are out in the cold.

Really? You're going to whine because this emulator, that the developers are volunteering their time to create and put out for free, doesn't support a particular device? You are a whole new breed of bitchy, entitled, little brat. Also, nice job mentioning you downloaded those ISOs, which is piracy. I hope you're swamped with all the viruses you probably got from whatever sketchy site you downloaded them from.

End counter-complaint. Hopefully a magic black hole opens up and sucks away all the ignorant people someday soon, but until then we normal people are stuck dealing with this bullshit.
04-14-2013, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2013 07:15 PM by Dwightyone.)
I'm guessing you're not happy then.

You know, instead of whining and complaining like a spoilt child how about approaching the issue with a more pro-active approach. For example, you could PM the PPSSPP development team and beg nicely, failing that, well, instead of moaning that "Coding is not your skillset" make it your skillset. You wouldn't be exclusively unique in learning more than one genre of skill in life you know. And if all else fails, well, you'll have to do what everyone else does in life when you need something that is fit for purpose, yes my friend, you'll have to stick your hand in your pocket and buy.

Right, I'm off to have a mental breakdown now, because like you I have also downloaded a massive stolen 10GB of the PSP game libary for an emulator in early development and am sick to the core that I have had to use my bandwith to get it, and I have also found out my expensive phone is not up to the job either...
04-14-2013, 07:23 PM
ahaha nuff said... unless im mistaken he was on the verge of blaming henrik for downloadin 10 gigs of isos..pfff get real, complainin about a free emulator not supportin his free games lol
04-14-2013, 07:23 PM
Probably there is a lack of love for the Playbook because it is an obsolete platform? I can see why people don't think it's worth their time. Blackberry has abandoned it for BB10. Could you sell it and buy an Android tablet instead? I am seeing ones w/ a tegra 3 processor go for a very reasonable price used.
04-14-2013, 07:28 PM
If someone makes Playbook support, there will be Playbook support. If noone codes it, it won't happen.

Pointless thread, closing.
Thread Closed