Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hot Shots (Everybody's) Tennis: Get a Grip
10-28-2019, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2019 06:26 PM by AdamN.)
RE: Hot Shots (Everybody's) Tennis: Get a Grip
(10-09-2019 08:01 AM)Sablicious Wrote:  I have tried to get this game to hook up via ad hoc LAN -- on separate, local PC's, and on the same PC (using this method)... But, have had no luck.

The furthest I've gotten is:

• creating a lobby ("Club House") with the host player, with the second player unable to find the lobby (*the host cannot interact in the lobby, only hard reset the emulator from there... so, I'm unsure as to whether the lobby is created proper)
the game locking up at the "Initializing Network" prompt, just as the lobby is being created (*this tends to happen when using a single PC, via the 127.0.0.1 loop-back method)
• tested with 1.6.3, 1.7.4, 1.8, 1.9 and 1.9.3 builds
• tried different port offsets "0", "5000", "8000" and "8800"

So, is it possible to play this game via LAN-- either through two, local PC's plus router, or even on a single PC? Or, is Hot Shots / Everybody's Tennis: GaG not yet compatible with PPSSPP ad hoc multiplayer...?

(thanks)

The reason why the host frozen is probably a deadlock or registers corruption related to callback (which is one of the reason why i stopped working on multiplayer)

i'm not sure why those registers gets corrupted after returning from callback, probably because it didn't runs on it's own thread may be.. (while on JPCSP each callback seems to runs on their own PSPThread as i remembered)

When i tested with my old version of PPSSPP (the link is in my signature)
Player1(Host) can create room and select the character without freezing, and Player2(Join) can see the room(the room will be visible after Host selecting the character),
But when i try to join it the Host gets frozen with this error in the Debug Log: AdhocPdp_Thr E[NET]: HLE\proAdhoc.cpp:996 MatchingHandler: Callback Failed to Return within 250ms!

While with newer version of PPSSPP Host will get frozen when Host selecting the character, so Player2 won't be able to see the room since Player1(Host) PPSSPP no longer running properly

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hot Shots (Everybody's) Tennis: Get a Grip - AdamN - 10-28-2019 06:23 PM