Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Playing 3d games at these specs:
04-16-2013, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013 09:20 PM by kevke96.)
RE: Playing 3d games at these specs:
Just realizing I sounded like a total noob in that post.XD Originally I wanted to wait until we get proper x86 cores in phones before buying an Android, but it was a steal for the price I paid and I needed some phone to play on, because I killed all my handhelds a long time ago. The raw performance of the processor may be great, but the RAM of this thing is a joke. Its slow as hell and Android itself eats up 0,7 of 1gb which is not bearable considering that Firefox needs 150mb alone and I do a lot of stuff in the background (i had a lot of hard resets...), so I flashed the kernel and stripped Touchwiz to the core. Its quite useable now, but Im not satisfied with it. Im drifting away arent I?
Back to topic: I was more worried about an ARMv6 processor in combination with a cheap chipset than my own phone. My own one I can test, I dont really have an idea how it compares to other ones though, because this is my first.
Also: Think about an application that uses 4x1,4ghz productively without using more than 500mb RAM. Does anything useful come to mind?

Windows 7 x64: Intel Core i5 4570 @3.6 Ghz, ATI Radeon HD 7870
Android 4.4.2 (CM11): Samsung Galaxy S3 @ 4x1.6 Ghz CPU, 600Mhz GPU
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Playing 3d games at these specs: - kevke96 - 04-16-2013 09:11 PM