Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
High GPU usage with no game running
08-26-2019, 09:45 PM
High GPU usage with no game running
Hello everybody! I'm new here and I'm not a gamer or a PC expert so I'm sorry if I say something wrong. I have a question: when I start the program, even if I don't open any game, it uses around 20% of the integrated GPU and 30% of the GPU, (CPU is ok, always less than 10%), when I open a game the GPU usage rises up to 70% about (with the fastest settings) and then when I pause it the GPUs' usage goes back to 20% and 30% steadily. Is this supposed to happen? What is it using GPUs for if it's not running any game? I know I don't have a high performance PC (intel core i5-8250U, nvidia geforce 940mx) but I don't understand why it uses a so many resouces just to keep the program open. I think it should not be a problem to emulate PSP since I can emulate quite smoothly PS2 and I've seen slower PC than mine emulating PSP with no problem. I suppose there is something wrong with my hardware or my settings, even though I tried to change the settings in several ways and nothing changed. Does anybody know what is the problem and if there is a solution? Maybe that's just the way the program works so I'm sorry if I said something wrong, still a great emulator!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2019, 11:25 AM
RE: High GPU usage with no game running
We render the interface every frame using the GPU. It's not the most efficient but it lets us use the same interface across all platforms.

This is normal (although 20% seems a little high, but on a 940mx maybe reasonable).
08-31-2019, 07:03 PM
RE: High GPU usage with no game running
Ok then, thank you very much!!