Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
touch controls for win 8 tablet
04-12-2013, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 05:35 PM by wellison.)
Question touch controls for win 8 tablet
Hi friends, i own a Iconia W500 with windows 8 32bit and i want to know if have any chance to enable touch controls for the version of windows to me play like i play on my android smatphone.
I hope a major of users will be happy with this new option.,

Thx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2013, 08:34 PM
RE: touch controls for win 8 tablet
(04-12-2013 05:23 PM)wellison Wrote:  Hi friends, i own a Iconia W500 with windows 8 32bit and i want to know if have any chance to enable touch controls for the version of windows to me play like i play on my android smatphone.
I hope a major of users will be happy with this new option.,

Thx

Heh, went here to write about same thing Smile It would be great to see touch controls for win8 touch laptops
04-15-2013, 04:51 PM
ye it will be really nice.
How to make a request to the developers ?
04-15-2013, 07:00 PM
I read the forums, I don't have a multitouch Win8 machine though. I wonder how you actually read the touchscreen on Windows 8?

You can enable the touch controls right now by enabling them in the ppsspp.ini file, but it just uses mouse coordinates so you can only press one button at once.
04-15-2013, 08:38 PM
(04-15-2013 07:00 PM)Henrik Wrote:  I read the forums, I don't have a multitouch Win8 machine though. I wonder how you actually read the touchscreen on Windows 8?

You can enable the touch controls right now by enabling them in the ppsspp.ini file, but it just uses mouse coordinates so you can only press one button at once.

Just a quick search on msdn reveals that you can apparently make multi-touch programs even on Windows 7. Of course the "just do what is documented on msdn"-approach would only work on Windows. Maybe there also exists something cross platform.
04-15-2013, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2013 09:39 PM by wellison.)
(04-15-2013 07:00 PM)Henrik Wrote:  I read the forums, I don't have a multitouch Win8 machine though. I wonder how you actually read the touchscreen on Windows 8?

Too bad I do not have enough knowledge to help in this search. But it should not be hard because I play Reckless Racing Ultimate bought by Microsoft shop and it is multitouch as well as some games that there are

ive do a test editting ppsspp.ini file and i have a very poor response and confirmed no multitouch
04-29-2013, 10:09 PM
yes we are abandoned Sad
04-30-2013, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2013 02:29 PM by lyhlyh7.)
I wanted to play psp games on my Surface Pro, I turned on the "On Screen Touch Controls", and found that I had to DOUBLE-TAP on the key to press it... (Same for the buttons on ppsspp main window)
And multi-touch is not supported(as said above)

I hope this problem can be solved soon...

(BTW, Is ppsspp is the first emulator on Windows that tried to add a touchscreen support?)
01-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Hi, Henrik! I have Windows 8 (x64) tablet Samsung XE700Pro. Please do multitouch and fix the problem,
occurs when you press the touch buttons. Now touch response by pressing a button, unless
click on it 1-2 times or spend on it. Multitouch is very necessary, because many of the actions in the game can only be performed
while pressing a few buttons. I will gladly buy GOLD version of the program, if it earned TOUCH
MANAGEMENT multitouch. Looking forward to. Hello from Russia!
01-19-2014, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014 08:59 PM by Bigpet.)
(01-19-2014 11:53 AM)johnes Wrote:  Hi, Henrik! I have Windows 8 (x64) tablet Samsung XE700Pro. Please do multitouch and fix the problem,
occurs when you press the touch buttons. Now touch response by pressing a button, unless
click on it 1-2 times or spend on it. Multitouch is very necessary, because many of the actions in the game can only be performed
while pressing a few buttons. I will gladly buy GOLD version of the program, if it earned TOUCH
MANAGEMENT multitouch. Looking forward to. Hello from Russia!

Try this build: https://mega.co.nz/#!hpYQHDBb!Blmo2j_HOB...tHE86GU25k
01-20-2014, 08:49 AM
not a very stable build, but touch controls do work as they should.

i've encountered 2 big problems though: the "controls" section of the settings screen crashes ppsspp, i had to switch back to a different build in order to enable touch controls.
there seems to be no way of exiting a game, other than closing ppsspp completely using alt-F4.
01-20-2014, 09:52 AM
(01-20-2014 08:49 AM)thedicemaster Wrote:  not a very stable build, but touch controls do work as they should.

i've encountered 2 big problems though: the "controls" section of the settings screen crashes ppsspp, i had to switch back to a different build in order to enable touch controls.
there seems to be no way of exiting a game, other than closing ppsspp completely using alt-F4.

That's odd. Maybe it was because I just took the asset and language files from another version, try this one it has a slightly updated version of the touch controls too: https://mega.co.nz/#!poBCCJrI!Kanr-kTyFx...UUF1NlI72E
02-15-2015, 03:14 PM
Is the touchscreen issue solved now?
02-15-2015, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2015 03:41 PM by Bigpet.)
As far as I know yes. I don't have a windows touch device but I don't remember seeing any issues reported with it.

But as was said a lot of times now, WinRT 8 does not work you need a full Windows 8 version.
03-10-2015, 03:46 PM
(02-15-2015 03:40 PM)Bigpet Wrote:  As far as I know yes. I don't have a windows touch device but I don't remember seeing any issues reported with it.

But as was said a lot of times now, WinRT 8 does not work you need a full Windows 8 version.

How about the multitouch? does it still require to tap twice or not? can anyone confirm? Huh