Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mouse support?
07-06-2019, 01:19 PM
RE: Mouse support?
There aren't that many. Kabuto-kun potentially made some similar patches, but dunno really. I always posted mine in each game's thread, but nowadays they can also be found in my PPSSPP_workarounds repo on github.
You can find it there for:
- CODED ARMS (US),
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (US),
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (US/EU),
- Initial D: Street Stage (JP).

The last one was more as an example to avoid limiting people into thinking that such patches can only be done for camera/aim control as I made it there for acceleration. Overall I really made those patches because some people were making analog patches for PSP games on PS Vita, however they were I belive only remapping controls via some plugin, were limited to games that already could use analog etc. and overall remapping sucks compared to patching-in the real thing. I hoped to show people it is possible and make fans of each series do the rest, but it never gained any popularity despite being a clean enhancement and not a buggy gameplay breaking thing which ever popular 60 fps patches commonly are.

Pressing buttons via analog also sucks similar to the vita thing, however in case of PPSSPP it involves an additional threeshold that means key is only pressed via analog if analog angle is over 75%, imo that threeshold is too big and my personal builds have an option to control it, however due to some potential bug not having any threeshold might keep some tiny analog movements even when we don't move it, so it's still not recommended to just remove all threeshold.

Using analog as analog doesn't have anything like that and mouse movement(delta) is directly translated to analog angles hence mouse works nicely there and because of that all of such patches would potentially make mouse control work better.
However while such patches are already great for analog sticks, if we consider mouse that's not all and with a bit more work which I did only for MGSTongueW patches further enhancement is possible where I additionally added a more robust speed control. This allows the player to set the speed of the camera to a much higher values than normally possible and with just a bit of tweaking it feels like a real "mouse control" where you can turn 360 degrees by just moving your hand a bit further while still being able to accurately aim into smaller things. Pretty much it turns Peace Walker into a poor man's Phantom Pain.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Mouse support? - bigphil2695 - 06-03-2019, 10:53 PM
RE: Mouse support? - LunaMoo - 06-04-2019, 08:05 PM
RE: Mouse support? - Rekrul - 06-27-2019, 09:26 PM
RE: Mouse support? - FOPSP - 07-06-2019, 09:54 AM
RE: Mouse support? - LunaMoo - 07-06-2019 01:19 PM
RE: Mouse support? - Rekrul - 07-06-2019, 06:03 PM
RE: Mouse support? - LunaMoo - 07-06-2019, 11:20 PM
RE: Mouse support? - Rekrul - 07-07-2019, 09:00 PM
RE: Mouse support? - LunaMoo - 07-15-2019, 06:35 PM