Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP saves to a psp?
05-02-2019, 06:49 AM
Question PPSSPP saves to a psp?
I recently bought a psp and patapon 1, 2, 3 and I have some saves from my ppsspp emulator, I transferred the save files from my emulator to the psp memcard, i put them in the correct directory and everything. The psp system recognizes the save file for the games but when I try to load them they come up with the error "Load failed. The data is corrupted." any help? Huh

Info -
PSP Model 3000 US
PSP update (latest)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2019, 01:14 AM
RE: PPSSPP saves to a psp?
Are you using the latest version of PPSSPP with default settings?

-[Unknown]
05-03-2019, 02:35 AM
(05-03-2019 01:14 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Are you using the latest version of PPSSPP with default settings?

-[Unknown]

I'm using version 1.8.0v
I checked the version from the credits
05-03-2019, 08:58 PM
(05-03-2019 02:35 AM)wesocheesy Wrote:  [quote='[Unknown]' pid='134138' dateline='1556849656']
Are you using the latest version of PPSSPP with default settings?

-[Unknown]

Oh and yes Default settings besides the graphic settings
05-03-2019, 10:46 PM
They should work. A common cause of issues is that saves from PPSSPP are meant to be compatible with official PSP firmware at 6.61.

Many CFW implement hacks to make games run on older firmware versions (such as 5.00) and these hacks make the games load and create save data differently than they would normally - causing them to not be compatible with PSPs running official firmware or with PPSSPP.

Can you try the following?

1. Back up your saves from PPSSPP (copy to another folder.)
2. Create new saves on your PSP and copy them to PPSSPP's folder.
3. Check if the saves load in PPSSPP, or if they also give errors.

-[Unknown]
05-03-2019, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2019 11:18 PM by wesocheesy.)
(05-03-2019 10:46 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  They should work. A common cause of issues is that saves from PPSSPP are meant to be compatible with official PSP firmware at 6.61.

Many CFW implement hacks to make games run on older firmware versions (such as 5.00) and these hacks make the games load and create save data differently than they would normally - causing them to not be compatible with PSPs running official firmware or with PPSSPP.

Can you try the following?

1. Back up your saves from PPSSPP (copy to another folder.)
2. Create new saves on your PSP and copy them to PPSSPP's folder.
3. Check if the saves load in PPSSPP, or if they also give errors.

-[Unknown]

I did the following instructions you listed
and I moved a psp made patapon 2 save file to ppssppp and it loaded.

I also have a CFW I think it was PRO Infinity, but I had these problems before I had CFW
*I'm also very new to these Hacks and stuff so sorry*
05-06-2019, 10:45 PM
I'm still experimenting and I found a thing called "SavedataUpgradeVersion" in the config file of ppsspp, its set to true.
05-09-2019, 01:16 AM
If you set that to False (change it while PPSSPP is not running, then restart PPSSPP after saving the ppsspp.ini file), and save over the PSP save that worked, does that same save work if you transfer it back to the PSP?

If yes, it means we're either getting the version wrong or the PSP you're using has a hack to make saves incorrectly and doesn't support newer saves.

-[Unknown]
05-09-2019, 01:26 AM
(05-09-2019 01:16 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  If you set that to False (change it while PPSSPP is not running, then restart PPSSPP after saving the ppsspp.ini file), and save over the PSP save that worked, does that same save work if you transfer it back to the PSP?

If yes, it means we're either getting the version wrong or the PSP you're using has a hack to make saves incorrectly and doesn't support newer saves.

-[Unknown]

Yeah it didn't work I did what you said and it didn't load. But I noticed that the save file says 224KB (on the psp) instead of the 152KB my computer says it is.