Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I can't save...for some reason.
04-15-2019, 10:42 PM
I can't save...for some reason.
PPSSPP works fine for the most part. But for some reason, the games I use in the emulator fail to save my progress.

To explain my situation better, I'll use Sonic Rivals 1 and 2 as an example. I have autosave turned on of course. But when the games try to automatically save my progress, I get a message that says that I don't have enough memory to save, which is bullshit as I have GBs worth of storage left. Now, that doesn't happen all the time. In fact, it's rather inconsistent. Most times, it will save and other times it won't.

But it's not even just those games. In fact, it's probably every game on the emulator. I played DBZ SH: AR, but then out of nowhere after trying to save, an error number appears on the screen and it then asks me to disable autosave. Why is this happening? This has never happened to me before.

If anybody knows what's going on, please tell me ASAP. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2019, 03:30 AM
RE: I can't save...for some reason.
That message shows when it's trying to write and gets an error about disk space. It doesn't show it willy nilly, so if you see it, there's a problem.

You didn't say what device you're using, so I could assume you're using iOS - which isn't well supported because of Apple restrictions, and often has permission issues preventing save. Or perhaps you're on Android, saving to internal storage with tons of GBs on a removal storage microSD card.

You might even be on a PC, with PPSSPP on a USB stick that's full, but with tons of free space on your hard disk. Or maybe you just ran PPSSPP as administrator the first time, so now when you don't, those administrator-only folders for save data aren't writable.

All of these situations would mean that where PPSSPP is trying to save, it can't. It could be a lot of other things too, like a virus scanner.

So first things first: what device are you using? Where and how is it installed? Does your device have free space on all storage mediums?

-[Unknown]
04-16-2019, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2019 08:50 AM by Al-Ameen Adewunmi.)
(04-16-2019 03:30 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  That message shows when it's trying to write and gets an error about disk space. It doesn't show it willy nilly, so if you see it, there's a problem.

You didn't say what device you're using, so I could assume you're using iOS - which isn't well supported because of Apple restrictions, and often has permission issues preventing save. Or perhaps you're on Android, saving to internal storage with tons of GBs on a removal storage microSD card.

You might even be on a PC, with PPSSPP on a USB stick that's full, but with tons of free space on your hard disk. Or maybe you just ran PPSSPP as administrator the first time, so now when you don't, those administrator-only folders for save data aren't writable.

All of these situations would mean that where PPSSPP is trying to save, it can't. It could be a lot of other things too, like a virus scanner.

So first things first: what device are you using? Where and how is it installed? Does your device have free space on all storage mediums?

-[Unknown]

1: I'm using a PC.

2: I installed the emulator to my PC. C:/Program Files/PPSSPP.

3: C: has nearly 15 GB left.

4: This is an example of what I have to deal with.

04-16-2019, 05:24 PM
(04-16-2019 08:50 AM)Al-Ameen Adewunmi Wrote:  2: I installed the emulator to my PC. C:/Program Files/PPSSPP.

Do not use Program Files as the directory you put PPSSPP. I recommend somewhere else like My Documents, another hard drive, etc.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-17-2019, 01:39 PM
Bonjour j'ai telecharger ppsspp pour la première fois alors j'aimerais que quelqu'un m'explique comment faire pour l'utiliser
04-18-2019, 02:55 AM
If you put it in program files, it will try to use My Documents. Your My Documents folder could be stored on a different drive, or the PSP folder inside it could be owned by administrator.

AkiraJr's suggestion will probably be the simplest option.

-[Unknown]
04-20-2019, 10:33 AM
Flahsea, more virtual memory from emulator o try with usb
04-23-2019, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the information.