Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Danganronpa Chapter 5 stuck on infinite loading screen (Minor spoiler alert)
01-31-2019, 07:37 PM
Danganronpa Chapter 5 stuck on infinite loading screen (Minor spoiler alert)
After discovering a body, and after the chapter state changes (I mean when you discover a body and it changes from (n)everyday life to neveryday life) it starts to load indefinetely.

I have already found the solution to this problem but it didnt work. The point of this thread is to ask if I am doing things correctly.

First of all, the solution I found is from an external site. I'm not allowed to share external links, however, the site and thread I'll be talking about should be the first results if you search for "danganronpa chapter 5 infinite loading", in case you wanna check it for yourselves.

I will provide a summary of the thread nevertheless.

So the first comments of the thread talk about minor solutions, all of which I have already tried and did not work, thats not the important part.

The part that I care about, and the reason I'm making this thread is because of the other solution - Which is using another version of the emulator and not deleting the one I was using before if I want to preserve my previous states.

The problem with that is that I am using the Android Version, and when I try to download another version of the game, I get the following error message:

"App not installed. The package conflicts with an existing package by the same name."

Which I guess means that I can't download it because I already have another version of PPSSPP installed.

Alrigh, Ok, fine. No problem. The only thing left for me to try is to install PPSSPP in my PC and move the state files from my phone to my PC.

I did that. And it didn't work.

When I try to load a state it simply says: "Load savestate failed". I've tried to fix that problem on its own, but I haven't found one that works. Those state files are in the correct folder too, PPSSPP_STATE.

So, here are my questions:

1. Am I doing something wrong? (in regards to installing a new version in my phone or the state saves not working on PC)

2. Is there another solution to this problem?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2019, 05:52 AM
RE: Danganronpa Chapter 5 stuck on infinite loading screen (Minor spoiler alert)
The site you're refering to is horribly outdated and mentions very ancient ppsspp version.

They're mentioning there that the issue was solved by using latest PPSSPP version(at that time) meaning the problem likely was already solved in the distant past.

However this might be much simpler problem and not an actual emulation issue. Back then savestates were NOT compatible between different versions at all so most likely the person that "solved" his issue had to use savedata. The thing is and forever will be true that abusing savestates on emulators will simulate a situation of never restarting the console and this is really bad thing to do since most games become unstable after few hours of playtime, especially common with PSP games which were NOT designed nor tested for long playthroughs and a lot of them have memory leaks and other issues that over time just break the game, this is very common problem in many especially japanese games since they commonly are very poorly coded.

To solve most of such semi-random problems simply restart emulation and reload the game from normal in-game save. If you're using very old PPSSPP version, you also might need to do that when upgrading to newer ppsspp versions, and you will definitely need to do that when trying to downgrade PPSSPP to an older version, sometimes it also will be a thing between different platforms when using exactly same revision, but it shouldn't as we try to keep savestates same on all platforms.

To solve your android problem of "App not installed. The package conflicts with an existing package by the same name." simply uninstall existing installation first, don't worry, this does not remove existing saves and is only required when mixing shop and buildbot versions since the app in the store is signed differently from app in the buildbot. But again try playing from normal in-game savedata first as that would likely be enough to solve the problem. If the game allows loading save from in-game, make sure you restart emulation and not just load savedata from within old savestate as those if causing issues, will forever be affected by it.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply