Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED]Keyboard problem
01-03-2019, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2019 04:41 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
[SOLVED]Keyboard problem
Specs:
Win 10 64bit
Logitech G110 usb keyboard
Generic Logitech usb controller
PPSSPP version 1.7.1

So I'm having an issue with my keyboard anytime I play any game with PPSSPP, where keys will get stuck pressed. If I alt tab to a browser to look something up and start typing, or click on discord on my second monitor and start typing something, a key (any key) will get stuck pressed down and spam across the field until I pull the usb plug on my keyboard and plug it back in.

This happens very frequently, often within a sentence or two. I've also found it's not just using my keyboard outside of PPSSPP because once when I hit esc to open the pause menu, the esc key got stuck and was flipping in and out of the pause menu at a rapid pace Wink

Sometimes instead of a key being stuck pressed down, the keyboard just suddenly freezes, and cant hit any key, in PPSSPP or outside of it. Again, having to pull the usb plug and plug it back in again to get it working.

The key getting stuck happens not only with a game going, but also in the pause menu and even with no game launched yet, just the default PPSSPP home screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I often need to look up words in google translate for jp games I'm playing, and having to use my phone is pretty slow Wink

Thanks!
Sera
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2019, 11:36 AM
RE: Keyboard problem
Upgrade to the latest stable PPSSPP build of 1.7.4, or one of the newer Dev builds which are up to 1.7.5.

Early 1.7 builds were known to cause some problems with keyboard and controller inputs. They have been addressed and fixed in the newer builds.

Come and join the official PPSSPP Discord server:
https://discord.gg/5NJB6dD
01-07-2019, 11:51 AM
Ok, I'll try that thanks!

Is there a way to 'update' an existing install? or do I just backup my savedata folder then delete and reinstall?
01-07-2019, 12:12 PM
You can simply run the installer for the newest stable build, and it will replace the old build. Your savedata folder will be untouched.
Or, if you want to play it safe, you can remove your savedata folder from the normal My Documents/PSP directory and temporarily put it somewhere else - then do a fresh install, and simply put the savedata folder back where it was.

Come and join the official PPSSPP Discord server:
https://discord.gg/5NJB6dD
01-07-2019, 01:52 PM
Seems to have worked! Played nearly 40mins typing on alt screen with no keyboard bugs!

Thanks!! Big Grin