Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Upload Savestates
12-10-2018, 01:57 PM
Upload Savestates
Hi,
i have one question. Is it possible to upload my save states somewhere. Everytime i get a new save state. Because ive been playing my games for a long time. But then my phone had to get fixed and i had to reset it. So all ym data got away. Then i switched everything on my sd card, but then it got crashed aswell.
So any ideas ? Because i dont want to invest so much time again and then going to loose my data.

Greetings,
Joshua
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2018, 03:54 PM
RE: Upload Savestates
Hi, I have kinda the same question but on PC, I'm about to do a big back up of everything and I don't want to clear all the routes in Oreimo again
12-18-2018, 07:07 PM
(12-17-2018 03:54 PM)ElViejoZunY Wrote:  Hi, I have kinda the same question but on PC, I'm about to do a big back up of everything and I don't want to clear all the routes in Oreimo again
Yeah i just want something like an automatically back up from every new save that i do.
12-20-2018, 04:23 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2018 11:34 PM by LG Fanatic.)
Yes, you absolutely can. Look for the "PPSSPP_STATE" folder inside the PSP folder. That folder has your save states and you can simply copy it to your sd card or any other storage for safe keeping. I recommend making backups of both the save state and in-game save folders.
12-20-2018, 04:59 PM
In Windows you can easily relocate your 'my documents' folder to OneDrive, DropBox, or Google Drive. Not only will this backup your save games, it will sync it between multiple computers.
12-20-2018, 09:56 PM
Thank you very much. I know that i can copy it to my sd card and i already did it. But this does not work automatically, like i would have to do it everytime i change the save or get a new one. In general everytime i play. This is really hard.
12-20-2018, 11:33 PM
(12-20-2018 09:56 PM)Carlo49 Wrote:  Thank you very much. I know that i can copy it to my sd card and i already did it. But this does not work automatically, like i would have to do it everytime i change the save or get a new one. In general everytime i play. This is really hard.

There are apps on Android that allow you to sync a folder to your preferred cloud storage provider; FolderSync seems to be well reviewed.
12-22-2018, 07:16 PM
(12-20-2018 11:33 PM)SuperOstrich Wrote:  
(12-20-2018 09:56 PM)Carlo49 Wrote:  Thank you very much. I know that i can copy it to my sd card and i already did it. But this does not work automatically, like i would have to do it everytime i change the save or get a new one. In general everytime i play. This is really hard.

There are apps on Android that allow you to sync a folder to your preferred cloud storage provider; FolderSync seems to be well reviewed.
Thank you. Do you know if it does it automatically everytime there is a new save? Or do i have to do ot manuell ?
12-28-2018, 09:15 PM
(12-22-2018 07:16 PM)Carlo49 Wrote:  Thank you. Do you know if it does it automatically everytime there is a new save? Or do i have to do ot manuell ?

It would depend on which app you're using to perform the sync. Some of them are rules based, some are time based.
01-01-2019, 07:16 PM
Ok Thank you. Now that i want to upload my states to google drive. which one ios the file ? Because i dont want to upload the whole folder everytime.
In the folder there are always 2 files and 2 pictures. But what is the file ill have to upload ? And is it a quick file or a save state ?
Thanks.
01-04-2019, 02:22 PM
(01-01-2019 07:16 PM)Carlo49 Wrote:  Ok Thank you. Now that i want to upload my states to google drive. which one ios the file ? Because i dont want to upload the whole folder everytime.
In the folder there are always 2 files and 2 pictures. But what is the file ill have to upload ? And is it a quick file or a save state ?
Thanks.

When you save state, the emulator creates two files in PPSSPP_STATE folder, one is the save state file (*.ppst), the other is the screenshot (*.jpg), the screenshot is the image you'll see in the save slot when you're running the emulator. If you enable the option that backups the save state in system settings, there always will be created a backup of previous state if you overwrite the slot.

It's also important to backup the game save data, save state is not a secure feature. The game save data is in SAVEDATA folder, backup the folder named with the game ID. Some games have different saves for profile (that register things such as records and unlocked features) and gameplay (that register your progress in the gameplay), and few have additional data, the additional data is not important because you can install it when you run the game on another device.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro