Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't reach full speed on android
07-23-2018, 12:33 PM
Can't reach full speed on android
I'm using Nokia 8 on android 8.1 and have tried both the latest and 1.5.3 builds.

The problem is that literally no game reaches full speed. For some reason they just stay around 96% with the "game is running slow" notice and crackling sound. On default settings. Tried using all the speed hacks and lowering the rendering resolution to x1 (just for the sake of trying, despite the performance obviously not being the issue here) and it's still the same. And I'm talking about simple rpgs that I've played full speed on way older phones years ago. Switching between backends doesn't help either.

Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2018, 02:28 PM
RE: Can't reach full speed on android
That's odd, have you tried the older builds.

Nokia 8 has good enough specs to emulate PSP games smoothly even if you set the resolution 2 to 3 times.

Chill and Go with the flow ~d[o_o]b~

@YT - youtube.com/user/SuperHack333/videos

Specs:
MDL: Dell G7 15 7590 (Laptop)
OPS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750h @ 2.60 Ghz ~ 4.50 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 @ 1455 Mhz ~ 1590 Mhz
RAM: Micron Tech. 8GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz (4x2)
07-23-2018, 02:40 PM
Yes, like I said it's not a performance issue. Even at 5x and with texture upscaling and shaders it doesn't really fall under those 95-6%. So it just can't reach full speed for some reason. Mid range chips can achieve full speed for some of the games I've tried. I tried 1.5.3 and it's the same. I will try even older ones but I doubt it's a build specific issue as I haven't seen others with such problem.
07-23-2018, 06:55 PM
(07-23-2018 02:40 PM)acrosstheline Wrote:  Yes, like I said it's not a performance issue. Even at 5x and with texture upscaling and shaders it doesn't really fall under those 95-6%. So it just can't reach full speed for some reason. Mid range chips can achieve full speed for some of the games I've tried. I tried 1.5.3 and it's the same. I will try even older ones but I doubt it's a build specific issue as I haven't seen others with such problem.

Hi there,
Sounds like its a problem with the version of Android perhaps, i bet earlier versions of Android, work perfectly. i wonder. Confused
07-23-2018, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2018 07:39 PM by acrosstheline.)
I think I found the problem. I'm pretty sure that the phone doesn't switch to big cores in ppsspp so what I'm left with is essentially a53 cores at 1.9ghz or an underclocked snapdragon 625 equivalent. That matches the results I'm getting too.
07-23-2018, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2018 10:19 PM by tiktakt0w.)
Hi I'm also using a Nokia 8, fortunately in my case all the games I've tried has been running at full speed. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD even runs at full speed with 3x rendering and display resolution, Texture upscale level 3x with post-processing bloom enabled.

I'm using 1.6.3 ppsspp.
Big cores are definitely being used in my phone (verified with CPU FLOAT app).

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 @1.4Ghz
---------------------------------------------
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
12-04-2018, 06:36 PM
Hi i have same problem on my Honor 9. Im trying to get full speed in GTA LCS. On android 7 i have around 30 fps even after hour of gameplay - totally playable. Now on Oreo after 2-3 minutes FPS drops to aroun 20 and game become unplayable. I check with CPU Float and only little cores are active. I tried different versions of PPSSPP but its still the same even in different game. So the problem is definetly with android 8.
If someone knows the solution of this problem ( except downgrade to android 7) please let me know. Thank you