Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
immersive mode
11-08-2018, 09:44 PM
immersive mode
When I open ppsspp with immersive mode on, the menus and games are bigger than my screen, the right side get cut off.
It goes back to normal if I toggle immersive mode off and on again, or if I exit and enter the app again (not closing it completely).

I updated to android 9 pie, factory reset and reinstalled ppsspp today (have latest build (1.7.2) on playstore now, had previous one before) so I'm not sure if it's the newer build, my new operating system or just me getting something wrong in the settings causing this.

nokia 6.1 (aka nokia 6 (2018)), android 9 pie , ppsspp 1.7.2

So, my first post here is me whining about some minor issueBlush

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2018, 01:46 PM
RE: immersive mode
Well it's certainly a valid issue. The Immersive Mode stuff is very tricky and causes all kinds of problems, touch input and otherwise... Thinking of ripping it out. Although it is nice when it works...
11-09-2018, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2018 02:14 PM by Dominique DB.)
I almost exclusively play ppsspp in google cardboard, not having the immersive mode would be a shame, I prefer the extremely small discomfort I'm having now to not having an immersive mode at all, not having it in new builds would probably stop me from updating.

btw I just purchased ppsspp gold, because I absolutely love this app, and have been using the free version for several months now, best 4.69€ purchase ever, if it helps keep the app alive, thanks for making ppsspp
11-09-2018, 04:35 PM
I just installed the 1.6.3 apk from ppsspp.org, and am still experiencing the immersion thing, so it's probably a android 9 pie issue (or the nokia 6.1 version of pie). This version does preform better on my device with my games (all the settings exactly the same, e.g.: tekken dark resurrection 60/60fps on penguin stage vs +-30/60fps), I'll be sticking with 1.6.3 for now.

Feels kinda weird having the gold but only using the free ppsspp, in august I had also bought the gold but cancelled the purchase after discovering that the free version I had was outperforming it, now after reading up a bit, I understand that the gold is not a premium version but a way to sponsor.