Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trying to get SSAA with downsampling to native PSP resolution on PC
12-08-2018, 10:14 AM
RE: Trying to get SSAA with downsampling to native PSP resolution on PC
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys!

I didn't expect to get so much help so quick! Sorry for disappearing. I will try different things. I'd already tried upscaling the sprites manually using an xbrz tool but it messed up the character and npc sprites in strange ways. I used it successfully to manually upscale some fonts for Vice City Stories to get rid of artifacts, but I guess the edges of the character sprites in CTW are very precise or summat that causes them to be very delicate.

In terms of the smoothing effect of super sample anti aliasing, yeah, I know it is very basic, I know it's not sharp or high resolution, but it looks very nice for Gamecube and Wii in native resolution with like 4x SS for me so I thought maybe it would look decent for PSP as well even though its resolution is a bit lower, I'm aware that it might not look good because of it. I'm willing to give it a shot anyway. I'm not mistaking it for SMAA.

(11-25-2018 04:49 PM)Dukatti Wrote:  3. Change desktop resolution to 480x272

I'd tried adding custom resolutions using custom resolution utility but they failed to appear in my display settings, I think resolutions below like 640 x 480 didn't appear but above that did.

Anyway, it isn't a big deal really. But I will try some of the things you guys suggested that I maybe haven't tried yet.

Thanks for all the help!

Heart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to get SSAA with downsampling to native PSP resolution on PC - clapclapclap - 12-08-2018 10:14 AM