Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems on Nvidia Shield TV 2017
07-08-2018, 06:32 AM
Problems on Nvidia Shield TV 2017
First post, but a user of PPSSPP since a few years.

I have a Shield TV 2017, and to be honest, I havent used PPSSPP since the last halve year.
I wanted to play some games on it again, but now every game seems to freeze a few seconds, and then continu again. This is not the worst problem though.
The worst on is that every game crashes at certain point, and quite fast too. It's not that I can play for a few hours and it then crashes.
You get kicked back to the Shield main screen, and the app stops working. Mostly during loading screens.

Things i'm using:
Nvidia shield TV 2017 8.0(Oreo)
PPSSPP version 1.6.3 (also tried some nightlies)

I tried it with these games:
Ys Oath In felghana
Ys Ark of napishtim
Crisis Core FF7
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2018, 09:02 AM
RE: Problems on Nvidia Shield TV 2017
This seems to be some new issue that's happening on Shield TVs from 2017 only, not on my 2015 model. Trying to get to the bottom of this.
07-30-2018, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2018 01:46 AM by Delirious17.)
Seem to be having similar issues. Cannot launch any game, but also have 2015 model. But also cannot launch Another Metroid 2 Remake

https://www.reddit.com/r/AM2R/comments/9...d_support/

Both work fine on my Galaxy S9 (also tried latest nightly for Nvidia Shield TV)

Nevermind! Nightly 297 was the last one I tried, tried 308 and it works!!
08-03-2018, 03:55 AM
Hey there! I've been a long time user of ppsspp gold on Android, but this is my first post, because I didn't even know there was a site for this before today! Tongue I just wanted to chime in and say that I am also having issues with my shield tv 2017. Selecting any of my games to play causes the app to crash and kicks me back to my homescreen. I just got the shield yesterday, and ppsspp was the first app I installed after I updated to oreo. Hopefully there will be some sort of fix soon, unless I'm just not getting certain settings right.

Any advice is much appreciated. :]
08-26-2018, 06:25 PM
I am using a Shield TV 2015, which recently got the Oreo update, and PPSSPP 1.6.3 immediately crashes upon starting any of my 8 games. I wasn't using PPSSPP prior to the Android update, so I don't know if the update is what caused to problem.