Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
XBOX360 controller issue
04-07-2013, 10:43 PM
XBOX360 controller issue
Hey everybody, I'm having this weird issue with the latest PPSSPP builds.

When I play with my XBOX360 controller, when I press square, it presses "O" too and when I press "O" it presses "X" too. Went on to check if there was something wrong with my controller or something but it was happening only on PPSSPP and the calibration tool showed that I was pressing one button each time.

Possibly a typo in the code?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2013, 12:02 AM
RE: XBOX360 controller issue
Darn, I guess I regressed it. I thought the other change had fixed it... will look into it.

-[Unknown]
04-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Thanx, alot. It was really weird when I first encountered it.
04-08-2013, 01:23 AM
This fixes it for me, hopefully for you as well:

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/1214/files

The "IsXInputDevice" or whatever function always returns false for me. I even tried the one PCSX2 uses, same deal. But this seems to work okay.

-[Unknown]
04-08-2013, 04:20 AM
(04-08-2013 01:23 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  This fixes it for me, hopefully for you as well:

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/1214/files

The "IsXInputDevice" or whatever function always returns false for me. I even tried the one PCSX2 uses, same deal. But this seems to work okay.

-[Unknown]

Crossing fingers! Tongue
04-08-2013, 08:23 AM
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/commi...0c5d2712cf

Seems that it got fixed thanx! I can play again!
04-09-2013, 11:04 AM
No its a bug with android u gotta look into system/usr/keylayout and change the buttons there cuz the buttons are messed up on all games. PPSSPP is allright
04-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Well, the problem is different gamepads use different orders. The only solution is some sort of configuration, or else it will always be wrong for somebody.

-[Unknown]
04-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Just use x360ce with windows and any controller. And if you have messed up controls on windows with 360 controller then use x360ce even with the 360 controller. x360ce works perfect for me
04-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Maybe you have used a similar program, im not sure what its called, but when you use it you get XInputTest.exe and that one was giving me problems too.
04-10-2013, 07:18 PM
(04-10-2013 10:58 AM)KingPepper Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 10:23 AM)naadrius Wrote:  Just use x360ce with windows and any controller. And if you have messed up controls on windows with 360 controller then use x360ce even with the 360 controller. x360ce works perfect for me

I use a direct Input device connecting a PlayStation 2 Pad to PC using USB Converter Lead.

Finally a program that does indeed change the inputs to what I wanted, I could of sworn I tried this program before, but couldn't use it, maybe the latest version improved itself some how. Heeeeee Harrrrrrrrr It WORKSSSSSSSSSSSS Blush

Can you tell me how you got it work? I have the same controller and the USB converter, downloaded the program and It recognizes the controller but when I try to change the inputs It just doesn't work, I press every button but nothing happens. Also, where should I place the x360ace.exe and the DLL's? I have them in the same folder as the PPSSPP.exe.
04-10-2013, 08:07 PM
You have to put the program and its dlls in the same directory as PPSSPPWindows.exe, yes. I use the same thing (although, I'm using a PS1 controller with the original longer sticks, have always preferred that.) There are numerous USB adapters of different qualities, though. Mine is some off-brand one.

-[Unknown]
04-10-2013, 08:23 PM
(04-10-2013 08:07 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  You have to put the program and its dlls in the same directory as PPSSPPWindows.exe, yes. I use the same thing (although, I'm using a PS1 controller with the original longer sticks, have always preferred that.) There are numerous USB adapters of different qualities, though. Mine is some off-brand one.

-[Unknown]

Mine is a blue thing that I bought from a local store. It works perfect with Pcsx2 but I can't make It work with x360ce. First, It doesn't recognize the Joysticks but It recognizes the buttons so I don't know what to do. And second, even if I change the inputs, say, the Circle, X, Square and Triangle buttons where they should be (which is the biggest problem), when I try to play a game (Monster Hunter in my case) they just doesn't work.

So, well, I think I'll wait until the emulator let me change the inputs or something. Thanks anyways c:
04-11-2013, 01:06 AM
It works now, the problem was that I was using the x64 version (cuz I have a x64 OS). Thanks anyways.