The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to make new CWCheats?
05-14-2018, 04:11 PM
How to make new CWCheats?
Look down at the last paragraph if you don't want backstory.

I haven't used the PSP in a long time, but I'm trying to get back in to it, mostly because I can (FINALLY!) play Coded Arms with a 360 controller, something I've dreamt about doing for almost 10 years now. Fast forward to yesterday, and someone told me about PPSSPP, and I have been enamored with it ever since.

Back in the day, we used to use CWCheat as a hook in to the game, and it would work similar to Cheat Engine. Give it a value, it'd search the ram for it, change it, search again, find the address record it. You can even see my name mentioned as an author for a lot of cheats in the Cheat DB, mostly for Vice City Stories (US) and Coded Arms (EUR). I've long forgotten where I posted those, and Google has been no help. But, I've wanted to port the cheats to the US version of Coded Arms, because unlike myself 10 years ago, I care about piracy. So using the EUR version doesn't sit right with me. And IIRC, someone actually requested the EUR version codes, and I simply just had ported my US codes to EUR for him... But I can't find the US codes anywhere.

Anyway, I tried searching for them with Cheat Engine and using MEM_MAPPED, however, I seem to have a problem that as soon as I change something, the address switches to ?? for the value, meaning either the address died or Cheat Engine can't resolve it anymore. Is there a way to properly find new CWCheat addresses with Cheat Engine? I don't have my PSP anymore to run CWCheat.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to make new CWCheats? - gir489 - 05-14-2018 04:11 PM
RE: How to make new CWCheats? - LunaMoo - 05-15-2018, 01:44 AM
RE: How to make new CWCheats? - gir489 - 05-15-2018, 01:32 PM