Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to make new CWCheats?
05-14-2018, 04:11 PM
How to make new CWCheats?
Look down at the last paragraph if you don't want backstory.

I haven't used the PSP in a long time, but I'm trying to get back in to it, mostly because I can (FINALLY!) play Coded Arms with a 360 controller, something I've dreamt about doing for almost 10 years now. Fast forward to yesterday, and someone told me about PPSSPP, and I have been enamored with it ever since.

Back in the day, we used to use CWCheat as a hook in to the game, and it would work similar to Cheat Engine. Give it a value, it'd search the ram for it, change it, search again, find the address record it. You can even see my name mentioned as an author for a lot of cheats in the Cheat DB, mostly for Vice City Stories (US) and Coded Arms (EUR). I've long forgotten where I posted those, and Google has been no help. But, I've wanted to port the cheats to the US version of Coded Arms, because unlike myself 10 years ago, I care about piracy. So using the EUR version doesn't sit right with me. And IIRC, someone actually requested the EUR version codes, and I simply just had ported my US codes to EUR for him... But I can't find the US codes anywhere.

Anyway, I tried searching for them with Cheat Engine and using MEM_MAPPED, however, I seem to have a problem that as soon as I change something, the address switches to ?? for the value, meaning either the address died or Cheat Engine can't resolve it anymore. Is there a way to properly find new CWCheat addresses with Cheat Engine? I don't have my PSP anymore to run CWCheat.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2018, 01:44 AM
RE: How to make new CWCheats?
As I mentioned in the other thread you can just use my cheat table. It includes a workaround script made by Dark Byte for a windows bug causing the ?? problem and other things to made boring basic cheats pretty much automatic to make, just note that the script is activating on Cheat Engine itself, so it has to be used as first, and if your CE isn't 64 bit or it's executable has non standard name, you need to edit the script and rename it.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
05-15-2018, 01:32 PM
RE: How to make new CWCheats?
(05-15-2018 01:44 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  As I mentioned in the other thread you can just use my cheat table. It includes a workaround script made by Dark Byte for a windows bug causing the ?? problem and other things to made boring basic cheats pretty much automatic to make, just note that the script is activating on Cheat Engine itself, so it has to be used as first, and if your CE isn't 64 bit or it's executable has non standard name, you need to edit the script and rename it.
Thanks! That will help a lot. I feel like that should be its own thread in a sticky.