Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FFT: WotL - Save Data Missing
05-04-2018, 09:38 PM
FFT: WotL - Save Data Missing
Hello everyone,

First post here, tried doing a lot of research on this before posting, hoping I'm not missing something stupid or already covered. Had put about 35 hours into FFT on my Surface Pro, used game saves (don't believe I ever did a Save State), had no issue with it whatsoever, played it for a couple weeks that way, then work/school got around to me and I stopped playing for a long while - I believe back in November.

Fast-forward to today, had to update all of my Windows-related things a bunch, went to turn on FFT, and the save data is nowhere. Tried looking in My Documents, the PPSSPP application files, doing a My PC search for everything imaginable, and I'm coming up with absolutely nothing. Any thoughts or ideas? I'd really appreciate any help, thanks in advance and all the best.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2018, 04:40 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2018 04:42 AM by Asferot.)
RE: FFT: WotL - Save Data Missing
Technically it should still be there, because it does not get magically deleted. Are you sure you did not accidentally "clean" your PC?

As a sidenote. ALWAYS make backups for things you don't want to lose.

Also. >>Fast-forward to today, had to update all of my Windows-related things a bunch
Did it include windows big version update?

Everything is Hitsuzen!
05-05-2018, 04:54 AM
(05-05-2018 04:40 AM)Asferot Wrote:  Technically it should still be there, because it does not get magically deleted. Are you sure you did not accidentally "clean" your PC?

As a sidenote. ALWAYS make backups for things you don't want to lose.

Also. >>Fast-forward to today, had to update all of my Windows-related things a bunch
Did it include windows big version update?

I mean, that was my thought - things don't magically get deleted. No cleanup on my end, literally just the updates, which there were admittedly a lot of (November ~ May).

Aware how valuable backups are, this time didn't get around to it with this particular file. Literally everything else is right where I left it, though.

Didn't go from 7 - 8, or 8 - 10, had already been on Windows 10 for a while but there were two general system updates I believe. Now on Windows 10 version 1803, had been a couple behind that before I started updating. Lot of Defender stuff, as well.
05-05-2018, 06:02 AM
Best hope is to search the whole disk for "*.ppst". That's the file extension save states use.

Normally it'd be in a folder named "memstick".

-[Unknown]
05-05-2018, 11:13 PM
(05-05-2018 06:02 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Best hope is to search the whole disk for "*.ppst". That's the file extension save states use.

Normally it'd be in a folder named "memstick".

-[Unknown]

That did it, thank you so much!! Didn't think I had made any save states, but apparently had done one during a boss fight that is very close to where I previously was. Was in my Recycle Bin with a LOT of other random files, things from iCloud, old program files, etc...but still no main save data or other PPSSPP files, strangely enough. Going to have to check out my settings, it moved a lot there and I have no idea how or why.

Saved me about 30 hours, thank you!!!
05-23-2018, 11:03 PM
My first time posting here, I just got PPSSPP today so bear with me, but I also just got FFT: WotL. However, when I try to save the game it says "not enough space on the memstick" or something, and it also says "Failed to Save State!" if I try to save state. Any help?
05-24-2018, 02:43 AM
(05-23-2018 11:03 PM)bsbm12587496 Wrote:  My first time posting here, I just got PPSSPP today so bear with me, but I also just got FFT: WotL. However, when I try to save the game it says "not enough space on the memstick" or something, and it also says "Failed to Save State!" if I try to save state. Any help?

Where did you unzip or install the PPSSPP? It sounds like windows is not letting you write to that directory.

Everything is Hitsuzen!