Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
List of PSP motorcycle racing games?
03-30-2018, 06:10 AM
List of PSP motorcycle racing games?
A while back (a year or two ago), I watched a video on YouTube that had a motorcycle racing game in it that I always meant to check out. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of it. When I searched for motorcycle racing games on the PSP, the only ones I could find that seemed like they might be the one were Moto GP and the various SBK games. However, I don't think any of those are the game I'm remembering, although I could be wrong.

Here's what I remember about the video;

It was racing on a closed, paved track. No offroad or dirt tracks, no stunts and no racing on city streets.

In Moto GP and the SBK games, you have to slow way down for the curves and the tracks are mostly open, relatively flat courses with not much scenery. I seem to recall the game in the video looking a little more arcade-like in that the player was able to take the curves without slowing down to a crawl. Also, while it was a closed track, I remember it having more variety. I have an image in my head of the player going down a short hill, then through a short tunnel before looping around and going past a building. I haven't seen anything like that in any of the SBK or Moto GP games.

I'm sure it was a PSP game because I had just gotten into using PPSSPP and was looking at videos of PSP games to see which ones looked good.

Does anyone know what game it might be? Or does anyone know of any motorcycle racing games other than Moto GP or the SBK games, that are raced on closed, paved tracks?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2018, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2019 03:52 PM by Dukatti.)
RE: List of PSP motorcycle racing games?
Rekrul,
your search should be short cause there is a very few amount of good moto racing games on all platforms. And you can speed search up focusing on reviews, or speedruns (at least one of the the both for the game is available)

1. Moto Racer 4 for ps4, x1, win, mac. It has paved tracks, tunnel, tricks only in freestyle game mode.
2. Excitebike 64. It has closed paved tracks, do remember bridges, but not sure about tunnels.
3. Mariio Kart for wii u. It has bikes and paved tracks, very small amount of tricks
4. Real Road racing TT Superbikes for ps2. It has paved tracks
5. Ducati for ps4, x1, win. It has paved tracks, no tricks
6. TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge
7. DriveClub. It has bikes, paved tracks. IMHO, this game is a top of available moto-game progress nowadays. Though I am sure you are searching for another title.
8. Ducati for ds
9. FnF Superbikes

On psp:
1. Midnight Club 3. Bikes, tunnels. Open city. Racing on checkpoints.
2. Midnight Club LA. Same.
3. Motorstorm. It has bikes, and probably tunnels, not sure about tricks and paved tracks.
4. Mx vs Atv on the Edge. No matches here, but it's still very good moto racing game, since time of Excitebike 64, especially for music
5. Mx vs Atv Untamed. No matches, but check anyway, cause it's psp
6. Mx vs Atv Reflex. Same here

Maybe:
1. MTX Mototrax for xbox
2. Mx vs Atv: Reflex, Alive, Untamed(x360), Unleashsed
1. Motorstorm Pacific Rift.
2. Score International Baja 1000 for ps3(!)
3. Fuel
4. Sonic & Sega All Star Racing. It has motorcycles, tricks, very beautiful tracks, do remember veeery big, floor-sized tunels
5. Ride 2
6. Motor Raid
7. Cyber Cycles
8. Cool Riders
9. Wild Riders
10. Road Rash series for Sega.
11. Midnight Club 2, 3, LA for home consoles (they have much of the changes from handheld)
12. Burnout Paradise

Suggestion:
1. few days ago Mx vs Atv All Out was realesed. There are next-gen beautiful tracks. A game has fast speed even on 250cc, and even more complicated controls then Excitebike 64, feeling a lot familiar with Wipeout Pulse\Pure. Thanks to ue4 .ini you can also configure .ini configuration to run on lower designed pc's
03-31-2018, 02:12 AM
(03-30-2018 05:36 PM)Dukatti Wrote:  Rekrul,
your search should be easy cause there is a very few amount of good moto racing games on all platformes. I don't know faster way rather then watch review for every title to find a game that you are searching for.
Thanks for trying, but every game you listed is either not for the PSP or an offroad type game.

The game I'm looking for looks more like Moto GP, but seemed to play easier and had a tiny bit more scenery on the tracks.
04-01-2018, 09:28 PM
maybe it was ps1 game called moto racer?

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
04-02-2018, 12:17 AM
(04-01-2018 09:28 PM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  maybe it was ps1 game called moto racer?
I'm sure it was a PSP game.
04-02-2018, 03:01 AM
Moto GP, Ducati Challange and 3 different versions of SBK - Superbike World Championship('07, '08, '09) are the only games fitting your description on PSP, so if it's neither of them, your imagination made things up.
You can use sites like to easily find screenshots of most psp games, through worth remembering that PSP was a Visual Novel dominated platform, followed by RPG's, most other genres are poorly represented and often have worst versions of multiplatform games.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
04-02-2018, 12:13 PM
LunaMoo,
thank you. Source that you shared creating game-ideas in head by mixing bits of lots of stuff x)
05-17-2018, 04:48 AM
(04-02-2018 03:01 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Moto GP, Ducati Challange and 3 different versions of SBK - Superbike World Championship('07, '08, '09) are the only games fitting your description on PSP, so if it's neither of them, your imagination made things up.
Strange. Maybe I'm remembering the video wrong.

(04-02-2018 03:01 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  You can use sites like to easily find screenshots of most psp games
Thanks for the link. If you register, can you set it to have more than 20 screenshots per page? There's more than 2,700 games listed and it sucks having to go through them 20 at a time.

(04-02-2018 03:01 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  through worth remembering that PSP was a Visual Novel dominated platform, followed by RPG's, most other genres are poorly represented and often have worst versions of multiplatform games.
I know there are a lot of visual novels and RPGs, but I've seen some very good games in other genres on the PSP. They may not be the absolute best versions, but for a handheld system, many of the games are very impressive.