Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
cso compressor for android?
03-15-2018, 06:28 AM
cso compressor for android?
is there any cso compressor for android?
i tried ciso compressor in playstor but can't load memory internal & external on xiomi and samsung phone
my fhone in now on low memory and i don't have pc to compress them (.iso file)all ?

sorry any english mistake..please go easy on me i'm still learning
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2018, 12:47 PM
RE: cso compressor for android?
I never searched for a compressor on Android, but it's a good question.

@[Unknown] has developed his own open-source CSO compressor for Windows, MaxCSO, most people say it's currently the best, don't know if it's easy to port for Android. Here's the source code if someone is interested: https://github.com/unknownbrackets/maxcso

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
03-16-2018, 01:52 AM
i hope he/she will port it for android

03-16-2018, 02:00 AM
There are cso converters for android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ciso&hl=en -- but without pauing you will have ads, limits of filesize (768MB so all the 1GB+ games you would want to CSO...) and a slightly smaller apk (ie they took out .5MB worth of ad code)

Your better off using your computer (maxCSO) or just compressing on your PSP (iso tools).
03-16-2018, 04:01 AM
(03-16-2018 02:00 AM)TkSilver Wrote:  There are cso converters for android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ciso&hl=en -- but without pauing you will have ads, limits of filesize (768MB so all the 1GB+ games you would want to CSO...) and a slightly smaller apk (ie they took out .5MB worth of ad code)

Your better off using your computer (maxCSO) or just compressing on your PSP (iso tools).

this is what i used before and can load memory card and internal on xiomi and samsung phone

03-16-2018, 05:04 AM
It should compile on Android, though I haven't tested it and it'd need some form of UI probably.

What's the use case? Ignoring piracy, is there a way to rip from PSP to Android directly? I'm not interested in improving piracy use cases, but could be convinced to slap together a simple UI if there's a legit scenario.

Would probably have it default to "fast" mode on mobile, though, to cut down on rampant battery usage... the current default prioritizes compressing a couple percent better over speed.

-[Unknown]
03-16-2018, 06:00 AM
You can use a USB on the go cable to hook an android phone\tablet with otg compatibility directly to a PSP with CFW to rip a UMD directly. I am assuming the android device in almost every case would be faster to compress an iso to cso then the psp itself would.

So there is a legit scenario that I have personally used before, but odds are the most common use case would be piracy related.
03-16-2018, 11:34 AM
(03-16-2018 05:04 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  It should compile on Android, though I haven't tested it and it'd need some form of UI probably.

What's the use case? Ignoring piracy, is there a way to rip from PSP to Android directly? I'm not interested in improving piracy use cases, but could be convinced to slap together a simple UI if there's a legit scenario.

Would probably have it default to "fast" mode on mobile, though, to cut down on rampant battery usage... the current default prioritizes compressing a couple percent better over speed.

-[Unknown]
i hope you make cso compressor for android
i don't relly care about compress speed
as long as it good to go