Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No Audio
02-09-2018, 03:28 AM
No Audio
I've tried three games: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Gundam VS Gundam Next Plus, and Dissidia Final Fantasy 012. I'm not getting any audio from any of them. I've tried all of the various combinations of settings in the audio section, and none of them are changing anything from what I can tell. I know that my computer's audio is working fine, since I can hear the notification sounds from Facebook and Discord while the game is running loud and clear.

I guess specs? I have an Acer Aspire i5. I've got 8GB of RAM, and 632GB of storage. I'm using a Dualshock 4 with Apple EarPods. I don't know what else to add. Can one of you fine folks help me out?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2018, 04:16 AM
RE: No Audio
Stupid question, but did you turn up the volume in the Windows volume mixer? I know that sometimes it defaults to 0 for PPSSPP fore some weird reason.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
02-09-2018, 05:14 AM
(02-09-2018 04:16 AM)Asferot Wrote:  Stupid question, but did you turn up the volume in the Windows volume mixer? I know that sometimes it defaults to 0 for PPSSPP fore some weird reason.

Yeah, its volume is up on the mixer...
02-09-2018, 05:35 AM
(02-09-2018 05:14 AM)sandcoffeee Wrote:  
(02-09-2018 04:16 AM)Asferot Wrote:  Stupid question, but did you turn up the volume in the Windows volume mixer? I know that sometimes it defaults to 0 for PPSSPP fore some weird reason.

Yeah, its volume is up on the mixer...

Lets see then. I presume other games and such also output sound? And no, not browsers or Discord.

Also. I presume in PPSSPP settings you have "Enable sound" ticked and global volume set on max? Did you try changing backends?

Everything is Hitsuzen!
02-09-2018, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2018 05:43 AM by sandcoffeee.)
(02-09-2018 05:35 AM)Asferot Wrote:  Lets see then. I presume other games and such also output sound? And no, not browsers or Discord.

Also. I presume in PPSSPP settings you have "Enable sound" ticked and global volume set on max? Did you try changing backends?

Yes. Other games on Steam, as well as other emulators, output sound. I also have both sound Enabled and volume Maxed. I've also tried both backends. No dice. Sad
02-09-2018, 05:48 AM
Weird. if everything else outputs sound then it should work.
Umm. You said you use DS4 with plugged in earphones. I don't remember if they change output, but set output in the PC mixer to PC sound card and see if the sound comes from the speakers. I presume you have laptop?

Everything is Hitsuzen!
02-09-2018, 05:53 PM
(02-09-2018 05:48 AM)Asferot Wrote:  Weird. if everything else outputs sound then it should work.
Umm. You said you use DS4 with plugged in earphones. I don't remember if they change output, but set output in the PC mixer to PC sound card and see if the sound comes from the speakers. I presume you have laptop?

Alright! We've got audio!

Thank you so much dude!

I guess for some reason the audio just won't output through the DS4? I don't really understand, but I'll just accept this. My computers audio port was jank out of the box, so I'll have to figure out a new work around to use some headphones.

Anyways, thanks again. I really appreciate it. Big Grin
02-10-2018, 04:51 AM
Always welcome~

Btw. There are USB sound cards. I honestly don't know how good they are thou.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
02-10-2018, 07:37 AM
If you want a USB external sound card that also supports EAX (for some games) OpenAL's EFX and creative Alchemy to fix Microsoft screwing up EAX in Vista or later. It is a USB card so without a preamp it is not going to run good headphones loudly.... but your using earpods so you will be fine. Also under $40.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0044DEDC0
10-10-2021, 06:38 PM
Holy sheet...Thank you...I can't believe I had it's volume on 0 in the Volume Mixer...For the past week I've been playing soundless... You're a God sent...kisses and hugs to u bruh???
10-18-2021, 03:58 AM
No joy on sound, either. Tried everything suggested. The only difference since I installed pssppp was I changed out my monitor, using the digital port in my RX 580, instead of the VGA port.