Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
compiling direct x version
09-03-2014, 01:10 PM
RE: compiling direct x version
On my PC in D3D mode every game crashes, although the initial UI works fine (previously it didn't).
What are the requirements for D3D, which video-cards are supported?

Samsung Captivate, Android 2.3.5 SAUROM, Corn Kernel v701
Fly Evo Chic 3, Android 4.4.2 Stock, improved stock kernel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2014, 01:29 PM
You should read what was already said, the reason why you need to edit an *.ini file is because it's not working well enough for it to be useful to most end-users.

Quote:Also, it's best not to report bugs with this backend yet. It's still under heavy construction, and most games are broken, as I said.
09-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Ok, I'll be waiting for updates. Smile Of course, when ready for using, the backend detection will be automatic.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
09-04-2014, 08:11 AM
(09-03-2014 01:29 PM)Bigpet Wrote:  You should read what was already said, the reason why you need to edit an *.ini file is because it's not working well enough for it to be useful to most end-users.

Quote:Also, it's best not to report bugs with this backend yet. It's still under heavy construction, and most games are broken, as I said.

I know it's under heavy development, and I know it's was foolish of me to ask, but the reason I asked is cause aki21 said that he managed to run games with artifacts (while for me even cube.iso, 2d games crash), so I thought maybe my PC is not enough.
And you said most games, that means a couple should work, so I'd want to test them on my hardware to see if it's compatible.

09-04-2014, 05:53 PM
I've just tried the v0.9.9.1-225-gc7c4987 and now I get the UI, when I try to run some game the emulator stops working.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
09-04-2014, 06:56 PM
(09-04-2014 08:11 AM)vitality19 Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 01:29 PM)Bigpet Wrote:  You should read what was already said, the reason why you need to edit an *.ini file is because it's not working well enough for it to be useful to most end-users.

I know it's under heavy development, and I know it's was foolish of me to ask, but the reason I asked is cause aki21 said that he managed to run games with artifacts (while for me even cube.iso, 2d games crash), so I thought maybe my PC is not enough.
And you said most games, that means a couple should work, so I'd want to test them on my hardware to see if it's compatible.

Aki21 was using a completely different build which has basically nothing to do with the current DirectX stuff.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
09-04-2014, 10:55 PM
actually I got it to work on my acer laptop,but not my netbook,maybe becouse of old hardware and dont really run well I guessing,beside i'm using latest build though.@vitality,try changing rendering=0 to 1, under graphic in ppsspp ini,see if it crash or do something.anyway the progress is keeping up,probably this will be fix in the next commit,who know?,just try any possible config that you can figure out.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2014, 10:58 PM
Oops, I didn't notice your comment on the previous page, aki21. I figured everybody was referring to your very first post. Confused

Sorry about that.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
09-05-2014, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 09:21 AM by vitality19.)
@aki21 for me rendering mode is already (1), but I think it's either games or hardware.
Could you write the games that worked for you?

By the way, the angle D3D build works fine.

09-05-2014, 11:04 AM
@thedax,haha it's okay thoughSmile,somehow I don't really log in or post something for a long time in ppsspp forum,anyway nice job in DX9 thingSmile,@vitality,hmm as far as I test the game show 2dgraphic(like angle port) only on my LAPTOP,for my NETBOOK,crash with default setting(same setting as my laptop),but work using rendering 1(only sound,black screen without graphic,it does running normal though only nothing visible),the cause is unknown,probably hardware or dx9 code not support correctly.if i'm not wrong there are error in log console stating something like .......d3d function not support...alright my netbook spec:1.67ghz,1gb ram,g.driver-sheery 1.3,intel atom cpu455,directx june 2010,window7 pro,laptop spec:2.2ghz 2gb ram,g.driver:intel media accelarator 3000,cpu forget,direct june2010,window 7 basic.that all I report.well you can't play monstee hunter with this since ALL 3d broken.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2014, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 07:06 PM by Buko Pandan.)
I've just downloaded one of the recent builds at github and changed the GPU Back end in the ini. file and it works great in my laptop, all of the games I boot runs very nicely compared to opengl! this is amazing!! although most of the games I ran had a lot of graphical glitches/bugs at the moment, like transparent objects, improper display position and missing 3D/2D models in some games.

The only game that I played that works great are Tengai Makyou IV - The Apocalypse and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core

Mana Khemia Student Alliance - works great! the only problem is that the game screen only appears at the center of the emulator screen,

Edit: forgot to stretch the display, my bad, now it displays properly.

For now, I have a lot of games to test, I'll post some screenshot of a few games once I played them using the back end. Later.

Edit: Here's a few game screen output using the back end.
From Left to Right, - YS Seven, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes, Fate Extra, Lord of Arcana, Valkyria Chronicles II, Fate Unlimited Codes, Hexyz Force,
God Eater Burst, Star Ocean First Departure and Nendoroid Generation.

The God Eater Burst 3D Models are visible when I turn on Hardware Transform but glitchy, same with Hexyz Force when hardware transform is disabled the 3D models are invisible but when it's turned on their 3D models arms are raised sideways. If you need any more game screenshots using this back end let me know, I might have the game that you want to test.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Feel Free To Visit My Youtube Channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGPnfU4q12x6vEWXv4Ftq8Q/videos
09-06-2014, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2014 11:46 AM by vitality19.)
@Buko Pandan thanks for sharing - it seems much more games work (although still with artifacts) than a couple, now it is clear to me, moreover I should have known it before because even cube.iso didn't work for me, D3D still lacks compatibility with hardware, as aki21 said one machine works, the other doesn't, some intel chipsets work, while my (although intel celeron, but nvidia gpu) and GuilhermeGS2's don't.

Looking forward for fixing compatibility bugs

09-07-2014, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2014 10:27 AM by vitality19.)
With the latest build the emu in D3D doesn't crash any more for me (maybe for others too), although with artifacts.
Nevertheless it's great news.

09-07-2014, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2014 11:34 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
Great news!! Smile
I'm gonna try it right now.

Now it isn't crashing anymore, but any game I tested is playable, because there're a lot of glitch, all them are in-game.
Waiting for more updates.

09-08-2014, 12:01 AM
So just by editing the ppsspp.ini file you can make the emu use d3d instead of opengl? If this is the case, after making the proper changes, could I use something like Texmod to edit game textures as it only works with Directx applications?

Can someone break this down for me please? I would really appreciate it.