Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
compiling direct x version
06-23-2014, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2014 08:45 AM by NgJinXiang14.)
RE: compiling direct x version
Bro the problem we need directx because old gpu do not support opengl 2.0

Sry for bad english im chinese at malaysia
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2014, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2014 02:43 PM by Arborea.)
(06-23-2014 08:45 AM)NgJinXiang14 Wrote:  Bro the problem we need directx because old gpu do not support opengl 2.0

If you have absolutely ancient gpu you can buy for example GeForce GTX 750 or Radeon R7 260 or even R7 240 with Directx 11.2, OpenGL 4.4 and Mantle support very cheaply.
06-23-2014, 10:28 AM
Im just 14 years old, how can i buy it? My father will also mad at me if i buy it. So the solution for this problem is directx9 version

Sry for bad english im chinese at malaysia
06-23-2014, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2014 02:17 PM by Arborea.)
(06-23-2014 10:28 AM)NgJinXiang14 Wrote:  Im just 14 years old, how can i buy it? My father will also mad at me if i buy it. So the solution for this problem is directx9 version

Well but if your GPU is so old and prabably wasnt top model even then it may be unplayable anyway for you.
06-26-2014, 09:27 AM
Let us hope someone will create the dx backend esp sir Henrik and Ppsspp team
06-26-2014, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 10:07 AM by Raimoo.)
(06-23-2014 02:13 PM)Arborea Wrote:  
(06-23-2014 10:28 AM)NgJinXiang14 Wrote:  Im just 14 years old, how can i buy it? My father will also mad at me if i buy it. So the solution for this problem is directx9 version

Well but if your GPU is so old and prabably wasnt top model even then it may be unplayable anyway for you.

*sigh* if you think that DirectX 12 is better, why don't you make it work on PPSSPP yourself. Prove to us that DirectX 12 is better like you said before, don't just say it empty handed. There is no use arguing about this, it will not do anything benefit to any of us.

Also don't assume that PPSSPP is some sort of game application... it's an emulator. Emulator works differently than a normal game application you usually play, not matter how old it was. I think you did assume that PPSSPP is some sort of game application... that's why you keep mention about this "DirectX12" since it will works for most games.

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
06-26-2014, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 02:39 PM by Arborea.)
(06-26-2014 10:04 AM)Raimoo Wrote:  
(06-23-2014 02:13 PM)Arborea Wrote:  

*sigh* if you think that DirectX 12 is better, why don't you make it work on PPSSPP yourself. Prove to us that DirectX 12 is better like you said before, don't just say it empty handed. There is no use arguing about this, it will not do anything benefit to any of us.

Also don't assume that PPSSPP is some sort of game application... it's an emulator. Emulator works differently than a normal game application you usually play, not matter how old it was. I think you did assume that PPSSPP is some sort of game application... that's why you keep mention about this "DirectX12" since it will works for most games.
You dont have much choice except buying some cheap new GPU and Dirextx12 is obviously better than Directx9 so I dont need to prove anything and yes emulators run games, games are games. There are some problems with emulating some features of consoles with graphical API's but its far easier to do with newer API's than with old API's with missing and more primitive features. Directx9 is likely to primitive to correctly emulate PSP anyway.
06-27-2014, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2014 08:28 AM by Henrik.)
DirectX 9 is actually able to emulate most graphical features of the PSP, and when I do start working on DirectX support, DX9 will be first as that's the one that will help the most people, I think. All GPUs that support DX12 also run OpenGL very well so there's not much point to add it.
06-27-2014, 09:30 AM
Finally Master Henrik had noticed this topic, thank you sir, i totally agree with you that direct x backend will help a lot of people including me, i have a laptop with opengl 1.4, i tried the angle port and it works with some missing graphics, i do believe that the only person who will be able to do the actual direct x 9 is the Master himself Master Henrik together with Ppsspp teams, we are very hopefuls that this will be possible soon, we will support you sir all the way, even just one build will surely help lots of people,we have been waiting for this, thank you and God Bless more power Master Henrik Smile
06-27-2014, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2014 05:05 PM by Arborea.)
(06-27-2014 08:28 AM)Henrik Wrote:  DirectX 9 is actually able to emulate most graphical features of the PSP, and when I do start working on DirectX support, DX9 will be first as that's the one that will help the most people, I think. All GPUs that support DX12 also run OpenGL very well so there's not much point to add it.

Most ? So it still cant emulate all features, of course GPU's which support Directx12 API also support OpenGL but high level API like OpenGL will never have equal performance to low level API's like Directx12, Mantle and Metal. Next problem is PPSSPP doesnt seem to support features of OpenGL 4.x it just support inferior OpenGL ES so Directx9 or not Directx12 would still be usefull for features like tessellation, Tiled Resources and generally all features of Dirextx11,11.1,11.2 and whatever features Directx12 will introduce.
06-28-2014, 02:53 AM
(06-26-2014 02:33 PM)Arborea Wrote:  You dont have much choice except buying some cheap new GPU and Dirextx12 is obviously better than Directx9 so I dont need to prove anything and yes emulators run games, games are games. There are some problems with emulating some features of consoles with graphical API's but its far easier to do with newer API's than with old API's with missing and more primitive features. Directx9 is likely to primitive to correctly emulate PSP anyway.

How do you know newer API is easier? Do you even have create an emulator before?

You do know that laptops' GPU are soiled to the motherboard? How you would change a laptop's gpu with a new one if will glue to the motherboard like forever?

Also not everyone is rich like you. It might be cheap for you but it's not cheap for someone else. We're not like you love to waste money on unnecessary items.

(06-26-2014 02:33 PM)Arborea Wrote:  Dirextx12 is obviously better than Directx9 so I dont need to prove anything

yes you do need to prove if it is better for PPSSPP to run with. Direct X, no matter how recent its version is, won't run successfully everytime like a charm.

Arborea Wrote:Most ? So it still cant emulate all features, of course GPU's which support Directx12 API also support OpenGL but high level API like OpenGL will never have equal performance to low level API's like Directx12, Mantle and Metal. Next problem is PPSSPP doesnt seem to support features of OpenGL 4.x it just support inferior OpenGL ES so Directx9 or not Directx12 would still be usefull for features like tessellation, Tiled Resources and generally all features of Dirextx11,11.1,11.2 and whatever features Directx12 will introduce.

Emulator was never mend to work perfectly duh...

Also yeah DirectX 12 GPU already have OpenGL2.0 and above so Henriks won't need to worry much on DirectX12.

I'm not sure if DirectX 12 can emulate all graphical feature. But seriously why you have to be so arrogant and hypocrite just because you want us to use DirectX 12. This is Henrik's project and he's goal is to able to make a PSP emulator work for Android devices. It's up to him if he wants to add DirectX 12 or not.

o.o Oh Hi XD

AOD270
06-28-2014, 03:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2014 03:12 AM by Bigpet.)
Just to be clear no one is saying DirectX12 is bad or that a patch-set that introduces a DX12 backend will never be accepted, it's just that most people don't see any advantage for ppsspp to introduce a DX12 back-end over having a DX9 version.
06-28-2014, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2014 01:40 PM by Arborea.)
Quote:But seriously why you have to be so arrogant and hypocrite just because you want us to use DirectX 12. This is Henrik's project and he's goal is to able to make a PSP emulator work for Android devices. It's up to him if he wants to add DirectX 12 or not

You are one who is arrogant and hypocrite okay I understand you want Directx9 backend but thats not a reason to attack and insult me just because I suggested Directx12 and claiming that Directx9 is better than Dirextx12.
I understand Henrik will add what he want but PPSSPP is already working on Android so that goal was achieved long time ago. And by the way I am not even remotely rich myself but I rather save up some money than use ancient cpu/gpu which can cause subpar performance and graphical glitches.

(06-28-2014 03:01 AM)Bigpet Wrote:  Just to be clear no one is saying DirectX12 is bad or that a patch-set that introduces a DX12 backend will never be accepted, it's just that most people don't see any advantage for ppsspp to introduce a DX12 back-end over having a DX9 version.

Advantages I am talking about are greater performance, modern graphical features not supported by DX9 and OpenGL ES and chance for more accurate emulation.
06-28-2014, 01:43 PM
(06-28-2014 12:46 PM)Arborea Wrote:  Advantages I am talking about are greater performance, modern graphical features not supported by DX9 and OpenGL ES and chance for more accurate emulation.

And our opinion is that we aren't starved for performance on DX12 cards (and as you said it's "possible performance" since it's not guaranteed to actually be faster for our usecase) and I don't know of any "features" in DX12 that we can't get through OpenGL extensions that would get us more "accurate emulation".
06-28-2014, 02:10 PM
(06-28-2014 12:46 PM)Arborea Wrote:  You are one who is arrogant and hypocrite okay I understand you want Directx9 backend but thats not a reason to attack and insult me just because I suggested Directx12 and claiming that Directx9 is better than Dirextx12.
I understand Henrik will add what he want but PPSSPP is already working on Android so that goal was achieved long time ago. And by the way I am not even remotely rich myself but I rather save up some money than use ancient cpu/gpu which can cause subpar performance and graphical glitches.

I'm not being rude but you don't seem to understand the point of this thread and the purpose why we need to have DirectX backend support. You suggesting that DirectX 12 should be use merely because it can increase performance. But no, we need at least DirectX 9 to actually make it work for low end OpenGL devices, it's not about the better performance that we seek.

Yes you can save up to get a new GPU but unlike you we have other priorities to spend our money like food and stuff. Also different countries have different prices for the same GPU. Example, a GPU might cost $80 in US but in my country it's more expensive than that.

And no, not all Android devices can make PPSSPP run perfectly so it's still far from achieving his goal.

o.o Oh Hi XD

AOD270