Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
compiling direct x version
05-31-2014, 07:32 PM
RE: compiling direct x version
hi i want to talk with developer if is possible to have buffered rendering in directx mode. i have a asus f9e and the emulator works very well now in the new build, i have only a problem with buffered rendering that appear black screen ,sorry my not perfect english
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 08:32 AM
the developer seems lack interest, we must support anyone who wants to continue and contribute for the development of the ppsspp with directx backend support, such a great project, the original developer should see this
06-07-2014, 08:01 AM
(06-03-2014 08:32 AM)raintime Wrote:  the developer seems lack interest, we must support anyone who wants to continue and contribute for the development of the ppsspp with directx backend support, such a great project, the original developer should see this

Directx9 is way outdated only Directx12 backend makes sense at this point.
06-07-2014, 08:15 AM
The only reason people are asking for a DirectX backend is so that it works on old devices that only have crappy GPU drivers that don't support OpenGL 2.0 how will DirectX12 help those people?
06-07-2014, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 11:09 AM by Arborea.)
(06-07-2014 08:15 AM)Bigpet Wrote:  The only reason people are asking for a DirectX backend is so that it works on old devices that only have crappy GPU drivers that don't support OpenGL 2.0 how will DirectX12 help those people?
Maybe it wont help those people in particular but can help performance and possibly add more graphical features.
06-07-2014, 12:29 PM
So we have will actually help people versus "can help performance and possibly add more graphical features."?
06-07-2014, 12:37 PM
(06-07-2014 11:09 AM)Arborea Wrote:  
(06-07-2014 08:15 AM)Bigpet Wrote:  The only reason people are asking for a DirectX backend is so that it works on old devices that only have crappy GPU drivers that don't support OpenGL 2.0 how will DirectX12 help those people?
Maybe it wont help those people in particular but can help performance and possibly add more graphical features.

You pretty much get the wrong idea here... the DirectX backend was mend to make PPSSPP playable on device that doesn't support OpenGL2.0. DirectX12 may "can help performance and possibly add more graphical feature" but if it doesn't works on the device I mention earlier, why do you even bother to have the latest DirectX implemented in PPSSPP then?

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
06-08-2014, 11:23 PM
that's right ppsspp to work on old devices that doesn't support opengl2.0, just like my laptop opengl 1.4, a lot of people are still using old pc or laptop that's also the reason they wanted the backend support, the angle port originally created by ced and mod by bigpet runs all psp games on old devices, however a bit of graphics fix should be made, and its perfect just like the latest build of today
06-09-2014, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 12:01 AM by Bigpet.)
I think you misunderstood. Ced wrote an actual directx backend (that was never completely integrated back into ppsspp)

I just changed the wgl initialization function calls to egl and that automatically made the ANGLE library work (which translates opengl calls to DirectX calls, think of WINE but in the other direction).

What ced did and what I did are completely different things. What he did takes a lot of time and knowledge of DirectX, what I did was just change a few function calls.
06-12-2014, 03:28 AM
then someone please patch this for the newest ppsspp build, thanks a lot
06-18-2014, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2014 12:25 PM by Arborea.)
(06-07-2014 12:37 PM)Raimoo Wrote:  
(06-07-2014 11:09 AM)Arborea Wrote:  

You pretty much get the wrong idea here... the DirectX backend was mend to make PPSSPP playable on device that doesn't support OpenGL2.0. DirectX12 may "can help performance and possibly add more graphical feature" but if it doesn't works on the device I mention earlier, why do you even bother to have the latest DirectX implemented in PPSSPP then?

Thats not a problem DirectX is backwards compatible so Directx12 should work on gpus with lower feature levels but it would be most useful for Windows users with new hardware.
06-22-2014, 05:15 AM
The directX would be interesting but i think the person implied thay he was unable to use ppsspp because it have old gpu i asume he is using windows xp so asume if is posible directx9 because thats the only directx for windows xp.
now directx12 is not backward compatible (beta tester of windows 8 with direct X 12) in fact the last version of direct X rrendered unusable almost all my games even the directx 11 games so is unacceptable if is posible the implementation of that version.
i have readed cmments saying if you have opengl 2.0 you can use ppsspp but is imposible i have an old gpu with open gl 2.0 but it have pixel shader 2.0 and appears a warning saying you need a gpu with pixel shader 3.0 to work" if is posible to make a directx version would be fun to test
06-22-2014, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2014 02:58 PM by Arborea.)
(06-22-2014 05:15 AM)Tabris666 Wrote:  The directX would be interesting but i think the person implied thay he was unable to use ppsspp because it have old gpu i asume he is using windows xp so asume if is posible directx9 because thats the only directx for windows xp.
now directx12 is not backward compatible (beta tester of windows 8 with direct X 12) in fact the last version of direct X rrendered unusable almost all my games even the directx 11 games so is unacceptable if is posible the implementation of that version.
i have readed cmments saying if you have opengl 2.0 you can use ppsspp but is imposible i have an old gpu with open gl 2.0 but it have pixel shader 2.0 and appears a warning saying you need a gpu with pixel shader 3.0 to work" if is posible to make a directx version would be fun to test
You are hard to understand but Dirextx12 isnt available currently and most likely wont available on Windows 8.0 so I dont know what you are talking even if you have early access to SDK or some very early version DirectX12 it is likely not working properly yet and there are no GPUs currently with full hardware support for Directx12 also Dirext12 require WDDM 2.0 while Windows 8.1 has WDDM 1.3 so I dont know how can you use Directx12 on Windows 8. Bottom line is Directx is backwards compatible newer versions can play old games which used lower feature levels.
06-23-2014, 02:55 AM
Please try to shut up and make a new version ppsspp with directx support for adhoc,dont say directx 12 or bla bla bla.

Sry for bad english im chinese at malaysia
06-23-2014, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2014 07:14 AM by Arborea.)
(06-23-2014 02:55 AM)NgJinXiang14 Wrote:  Please try to shut up and make a new version ppsspp with directx support for adhoc,dont say directx 12 or bla bla bla.

No reason to be arrogant and I will talk about Directx12 if I want to.