Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DLC Issues
01-18-2018, 05:11 PM
Sad DLC Issues
Hello guys. I have a problem,
I have Dissidia 012 USA. I have windows 7 36 bit and ppsspp 1.3. I trying to get root 1.5 but it work work, i extract it - copy it to memstick - psp - game and put it in there. But I load up the game and it still doesn't work. what do i do? is it not compatible? It does not work on other games too. Like the leona dlc for metalslug xx.
Can you guys help???
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2018, 09:25 PM
RE: DLC Issues
Make sure the DLC and the game is the same version, like ULXXXXXX. That's all I can help you with.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-18-2018, 11:46 PM
(01-18-2018 09:25 PM)MorrisonGamer Wrote:  Make sure the DLC and the game is the same version, like ULXXXXXX. That's all I can help you with.
Yeah, i tried that, got the same result. Does this usually happen to anyone else?
01-19-2018, 12:48 AM
Get the latest version. There is literally no reason to play Dissidia 012 in older versions of PPSSPP, anyone who says otherwise lies. I play fine with it.
01-19-2018, 02:34 AM
(01-19-2018 12:48 AM)MorrisonGamer Wrote:  Get the latest version. There is literally no reason to play Dissidia 012 in older versions of PPSSPP, anyone who says otherwise lies. I play fine with it.
Ok. But what about my save data? I don't wanna lose that. Is there a way to switch my saves to the newest version?
01-19-2018, 06:17 AM
Make an in game save (not a save state save). In game saves are able to be used even on a physical PSP and should easily move between versions (unless something bigger got messed up).
01-19-2018, 07:17 AM
(01-19-2018 06:17 AM)TkSilver Wrote:  Make an in game save (not a save state save). In game saves are able to be used even on a physical PSP and should easily move between versions (unless something bigger got messed up).
Then move the file to the new version's location?
01-19-2018, 08:03 AM
(01-19-2018 07:17 AM)darksteel131 Wrote:  
(01-19-2018 06:17 AM)TkSilver Wrote:  Make an in game save (not a save state save). In game saves are able to be used even on a physical PSP and should easily move between versions (unless something bigger got messed up).

Yes. It should be as easy as just copying the SAVEDATA folder from old emu to new one.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
01-19-2018, 08:28 AM
(01-19-2018 08:03 AM)Asferot Wrote:  
(01-19-2018 07:17 AM)darksteel131 Wrote:  

Yes. It should be as easy as just copying the SAVEDATA folder from old emu to new one.
i'll try it.
01-19-2018, 08:42 AM
As a sidenote. Some games have weird DLC integration systems. For example to get DLC in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite you need special tools to edit the savegame itself.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
01-19-2018, 10:51 AM
When DLC's doesn't work it can only be one of the two things:
- DLC requires updated game or is part of the game update to begin with ~ this requires real PSP to decrypt and then patch the game(patching itself can be done even on pc) since emulators are not able to decrypt updates due to missing decryption key,
- wrong path, most common problem since many people who use PPSSPP are pirates that never had a PSP and doesn't understand how DLC folders should look like, also PPSSPP memstick folder location will obviously differ between operating systems, write priviledges and in case of android also between devices/brands as a lot of the phones are weird about it, they typicaly mount some random weirdly named folder from internal memory as "sd card" or whatever and that's where apps can store their files.

There's only one DLC which I know of that doesn't work, it's 5 chapter of Killzone game, it's doing some external installation and likely is also signed/encrypted, nobody who has that game and PSP cared to figure it out, so it will continue to not work until some fanboy/girl does the job.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
01-19-2018, 12:02 PM
Strange, the data transfer doesn't work.
01-19-2018, 01:26 PM
(01-19-2018 12:02 PM)darksteel131 Wrote:  Strange, the data transfer doesn't work.

...Tell us what exactly are you doing. What folders you are putting where?

Because it should work no matter what.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
01-19-2018, 02:15 PM
(01-19-2018 01:26 PM)Asferot Wrote:  
(01-19-2018 12:02 PM)darksteel131 Wrote:  Strange, the data transfer doesn't work.

...Tell us what exactly are you doing. What folders you are putting where?

Because it should work no matter what.
I am copying the save data from 1.3 in my documents - ppsspp and transfering them to my 1.5.2 version in ppsspp_win - memstick - psp - game
01-19-2018, 02:53 PM
Copy SAVEDATA from the documents - ppsspp folder to the memstick - PSP.

As for DLC, copy the GAME folder to that same one.