Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Forced 60Hz sync and bilinear build
01-14-2018, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2018 05:13 AM by Marcelo_20XX.)
Forced 60Hz sync and bilinear build
so long and thanks for all the fish...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2018, 05:26 PM
RE: Forced 60Hz sync and bilinear build
Thanks! (:
It's amazing and solving for me smoothness of Vulkan rendering on Win7
[And probably DX, OGL rendering on Win10]

There was always another hard and annoying way from a user - to use a framelimiter and "~" key in emulator or unlimited alternative speed, so that not emulator but driver controlled fps.

Also, different monitors with different refresh rate will require different settings
And different hardware, different drivers, different driver settings, OS, OGL\DX\Vulkan rendering will affect with their way.

But what is keeping for me strange is that how even with old 59.94, without framerate limiter,
Vulkan rendering on Windows 10 was smooth?
02-11-2018, 01:52 PM
That's just a hack for nvidia driver bugs or whatever. The issue doesn't seem to affect other vendors and might not affect all nvidia users either as can be seen in it's issue on github, that code is definitely not a fix and will desync/break timing in games, not to mention it will break some game's gameplay due to that additional filtering hack;p.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
02-17-2018, 09:15 PM
I doubt it, its common for emulators that ran at different refresh speed that the standard 60Hz to exhibit this kind of behavior regardless of video card vendor, its people that are not too sensitive to the stuttering that don't have this problem as I can clearly see this once the duplicated frame is inserted to compensated the refresh rate...
02-18-2018, 08:03 AM
Other Nvidia user reporting in. Never had problems with stuttering. And Im really sensitive to framerate and frametime changes.
I would actually want to know what is this microstuttering you describe.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
02-18-2018, 02:44 PM
(02-17-2018 09:15 PM)Marcelo_20XX Wrote:  (...)its people that are not too sensitive to the stuttering that don't have this problem(...)
Claiming about having better anything to enforce a point is just dumb and invalidates future discussion with person that does it.

Anyway for lazy people that don't want to read much, the facts stays simple as can be read from github investigations of the problem for both pcsx2 and much shorter ppsspp:
- 60hz on it's own doesn't matter, since [Unknown]'s safer code doing that without breaking timing wasn't "fixing" the issue,
- on pcsx2 the same issue was not related to not timing at 60hz either, where even zoom(PPSSPP does something similar to pcsx2 zoom by default on standard 16:9 displays like full hd or 4k which could matter here, this can be changed via display layout screen by streatching or manual fitting to screen) could trigger the issue for nvidia user,
- the problem in 2 emulators only affects some people with nvidia, definitely doesn't happen on amd in which case it's unlikely to happen on intel or mobile platforms either.

Also different people might experience different kind of "stutter" that will not be related, for example:
- iOS stutter(possibly also some android devices) is caused by apple aggressive power saving features which would literally require wasting cpu power to enforce higher clocks, aka built in bitcoin miner or something alike,
- people thinking they can just abuse texture scaling or replacement without side effects simply by having current/latest desktop pc, in such situation stuttering will be pretty normal on texture load,
- potential stutter on shader compile, which is generally not as big problem as on dolphin that fixed it with it's ubershaders, but still might be experienced,
- general timing issues, which most emulators suffer from and ppsspp is no stranger to it, most things run at incorrect speed which causes various bugs, glitches, variable input delays, framedrops etc.,
- faulty hardware and general limitations of weak hardware will also be a thing that could cause "stutter" as it probably would lots of other potentially unrelated things, including dumb anti-virus/external 3rd party software/info overlays/video recording etc..

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
02-18-2018, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 04:30 PM by Marcelo_20XX.)
Don't try to educate me if you don't know what you are talking about and why are you so butt hurt? last time I checked I didn't break anything with the change and the stuttering is gone, also is a DAMN OPTIONAL patch for people who need it, like myself...

Its for people like YOU that many don't contribute anything...
02-18-2018, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 06:09 PM by Asferot.)
(02-18-2018 04:26 PM)Marcelo_20XX Wrote:  Don't try to educate me if you don't know what you are talking about and why are you so butt hurt? last time I checked I didn't break anything with the change and the stuttering is gone, also is a DAMN OPTIONAL patch for people who need it, like myself...

Its for people like YOU that many don't contribute anything...

LOL Saying that Luna is not contributing to anything and does not know about anything is biggest BullShit I have read on this forum.

Also. You did not answer my question. Why am I magically not seeing any stutter?

Everything is Hitsuzen!
02-18-2018, 09:20 PM
If anyone still interested in subject...

[instead of getting a pleasure from mockery [& complex hate] to people
that do not know few thing that you know]

[or instead of wasting time, suffering from "I do not know for what I am here for", "I do not know how am I want to live", "I do not know with what lived life I would like to die", "Ï don't do what I want to do, I do what other people want me to do"]

then
under "it fixed smooth gameplay"
I meant fixed choppy gameplay,
like on steady 60fps, while it actually feels about 45fps

It's easier to mention while recording gameplay.
When things choppy - you see that video is much smoother, though both of them are on 60fps

[I know, I know forum silent readers will be interested Big Grin
I wrote to them Big Grin Big Grin]

As for stuttering and microstuttering - everything like LunaMoo said, and in addition [nvidia, laptop, optimus] Vsync buffering and pre-rendered frames will cause them too.
[especially in racing games. Like "every N second - stutter"]
02-19-2018, 03:37 AM
Quote:LOL Saying that Luna is not contributing to anything and does not know about anything is biggest BullShit I have read on this forum.

Read again my post, I am not saying if he/she contributes things to the forum what I am saying is for people like him other are discouraged to share contributions as in my case...

AGAIN, for the people who don't suffer from choppy aka stutter every secs then GOOD for you, no need to report anything and bye, period...

But for people like myself who have the stuttering this is really a fix, you know not everyone shares the same hardware configuration, Henrik is free to steer his project wherever he wants and I am certainly wont be pushing any changes to the base source as I respect him for whatever he does, then why people is so defensive? for a tiny quality of life patch they made like this change will format and blow their PC...

Quote:will desync/break timing in games, not to mention it will break some game's gameplay due to that additional filtering hack;p.

Break sync and break gameplay, you are full of BS. I tested a few games and the thing didn't explode on me and now I can finally play with a choppy free scrolling....
02-19-2018, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2018 04:52 AM by Asferot.)
(02-19-2018 03:37 AM)Marcelo_20XX Wrote:  
Quote:will desync/break timing in games, not to mention it will break some game's gameplay due to that additional filtering hack;p.

Break sync and break gameplay, you are full of BS. I tested a few games and the thing didn't explode on me and now I can finally play with a choppy free scrolling....

No you are full of BS.

You tested few games. Emphasis on FEW. Speed changes actually are not going to influence many PSP games. BUT. It will break some of them. And by breaking I don't mean crashes, blackscreens, hangs, and data corruption, only few games from entire PSP library do that. In most games it is actually possible to not even notice the changes different speeds cause, but most of the time something in the game itself will change. That means the ones you tried tolerate wrong frequencies better. For example, I would not want to play Monster Hunter games with you online. The games don't crash, and for the one using different speed they run just fine. Even at +200% speed they don't crash or anything. But for other players, who are playing with the one using different speed, they become unplayable, because host is desyncing monsters all the time.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
02-19-2018, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2018 05:17 AM by Marcelo_20XX.)
Then don't use it, why are you still commenting if you don't see benefit from it? also I don't want to play with you any game ever! rule of thumb for online game is having the same base app and client, not a patched or modded one so your observation don't apply here. Also no I don't see any need to test the entire PSP library, there will be others for that, I tested only for the games I care namely 30 or so stop with your BS an go elsewhere...

Also for the record I am done here, if that's how this forums reacts to contributions then so be it, have fun with each other, I only posted it because I got tired of people asking a simple question like, can you plz change this thing or that, only to get responses by morons saying something like "don't be a lazy ass and do it yourself" then good, I will made myself the changes and then share it so other people who have the SAME issue (dont care if its 0.0001%) will benefit from it only to get the crap I got...

Did I got payed for it? NO Did I even get rep from it? HELL NO, nor I care BUT to be mocked up... that's a totally different story...
02-19-2018, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2018 07:15 AM by Asferot.)
Why were people calling you out and not getting on their knees and thanking you? Because your version has potential to screw up peoples games. Period.

All you had to do was do some research and warn people that using your version can break some games and cause glitches in others, so they should be careful. That is all.

Everything is Hitsuzen!