Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
are the exynos (galaxy s8) drivers ever going to be updated (dolphin emulator problem
12-31-2017, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2017 07:01 PM by mestour.)
are the exynos (galaxy s8) drivers ever going to be updated (dolphin emulator problem
Hey,
having just bought a samsung s8 plus , i was excited to try dolphin emulator since videos on youtube showed great performance .. then i found out that the exynos variant of the s8 lacked something called ARB_buffer_storage which makes the game run a lot slower than the snapdragon one ,
now i did a quick search on youtube , and apparently the new oreo update makes it run considerably better

https://youtu.be/gX7DG2Ou7PE

, maybe they've updated the drivers ?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2017, 08:43 PM
RE: are the exynos (galaxy s8) drivers ever going to be updated (dolphin emulator problem
I don't know how you can come to any conclusion by just that video alone. There's no mention of settings, Dolphin versions used, and an actual comparison video. Not to mention, it doesn't seem to be running all the well on that game which by itself is not a very demanding game either.
Find all posts by this user
12-31-2017, 09:34 PM
RE: are the exynos (galaxy s8) drivers ever going to be updated (dolphin emulator problem
(12-31-2017 08:43 PM)fivefeet8 Wrote:  I don't know how you can come to any conclusion by just that video alone. There's no mention of settings, Dolphin versions used, and an actual comparison video. Not to mention, it doesn't seem to be running all the well on that game which by itself is not a very demanding game either.

its just an assumption that i made based on the video's description

"Dolphin emulator running on the Exynos Galaxy S8 on the 3rd Oreo beta. On Nougat the game was unplayable. While the game is far from running at 100% it is at least a very big step in the right direction and hopefully further improvements come along."
12-31-2017, 10:25 PM
I understand your assumption, but you're asking us for an opinion. To which I stated that it would be difficult for us to make such a thing based on that video.
01-24-2018, 08:49 PM
I believe to get playable speed you also need Vulkan. Comparing VULKAN on exynos samsung s8 between android 7 and 8 gives newest drivers of course and newest verion of vulkan vulkan.gpuinfo.org/compare.php?compare=compare&id%5B2292%5D=on&id%5B1755%5D=on

If you toggle diff - ON you will see oreo vulkan driver is more matured and has more features.
01-30-2018, 12:14 PM
(01-24-2018 08:49 PM)sirdaniel Wrote:  I believe to get playable speed you also need Vulkan. Comparing VULKAN on exynos samsung s8 between android 7 and 8 gives newest drivers of course and newest verion of vulkan vulkan.gpuinfo.org/compare.php?compare=compare&id%5B2292%5D=on&id%5B1755%5D=on

If you toggle diff - ON you will see oreo vulkan driver is more matured and has more features.

I see , meaning that the next update will probably make it run faster
right ?
01-31-2018, 08:13 AM
definitely on vulkan, probably on ogl es too, but none actually exynos has ARB_buffer_storage, only snapdragon.