• 0 Votes - 0 Average
God of War Chains of Olympus cinematics flickering with non-buffered rendering
12-24-2017, 07:13 AM
God of War Chains of Olympus cinematics flickering with non-buffered rendering
Playing on PC with the following specs:

i5-4460
GTX 960 2GB
8 GB RAM

The game works fine on buffered rendering mode but the colours appear washed out. It looks visually better with non-buffered rendering but cinematics get black lines and the screen even goes totally black at times.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2017, 11:51 AM
Question Weird character borders with deferred rendering in God of War: Chains of Olympus
GoW is giving glitches during cinematics when I use non-deferred rendering but when I switch to deferred rendering the character borders appear weird:

Example attached to this post. (Can't post clickable links)

look at these lines for instance below kratos' ear
I don't see them on youtube videos of people running the game and I can't get rid of them :/

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-24-2017, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2017 06:52 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
RE: God of War Chains of Olympus cinematics flickering with non-buffered rendering
Merged.

Maybe that is because you upscaled a PSP game that natively runs 480x272 to Full HD resolution? Non-buffer rendering skips some graphic effects like blur motion, bloom, and others, this is why you don't see this "issue".

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
12-25-2017, 05:34 AM
RE: God of War Chains of Olympus cinematics flickering with non-buffered rendering
(12-24-2017 06:51 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  Merged.

Maybe that is because you upscaled a PSP game that natively runs 480x272 to Full HD resolution? Non-buffer rendering skips some graphic effects like blur motion, bloom, and others, this is why you don't see this "issue".

Is the upscaling related to the "rendering resolution" setting or is it related to playing the game on fullscreen (window size) ?
12-25-2017, 07:39 AM
Setting rendering resolution above x1 changes blurry effects like bloom and similar making them sharp and awful because they're sampled from the render, so if that's just the usual bloom issue, you have 3 choices:
- use "Lower resolution for effects(reduces artifacts)", balanced is usually best choice since safe skips some layers at times and aggressive might reduce resolution of more things pretty easily,
- change your rendering resolution to x1 ~ sometimes the only option if the hack fails to detect it,
- mod the game itself.

It could also be something else, ie Vulkan is still pretty glitchy so in case you're using VK backend because last release was pretty much dedicated for it, I would recommend trying different one like D3d11 or OGL(which quality/compatibility wise is still the best, althrough also more demanding).

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.