Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP 1.5 - Vulkan support, and more
11-29-2017, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2017 06:17 PM by Henrik.)
PPSSPP 1.5 - Vulkan support, and more
Here we go!

Doing a slow rollout on Google Play this time, there will be a followup release shortly.

What's new in 1.5.0
-------------------
* Full Vulkan support, also for Android now. Very fast on supported devices. (#10033, #10049)
* Smarter graphics state management, reduced CPU consumption on all backends (#9899)
* Android: Support for Arabic and other scripts we couldn't support before
* Fix Android widgets, screen scaling (#10145)
* Fixes to video dumping
* Geometry problems fixed in Medal of Honor
* Implement immediate draws, fixing Thrillville (#7459)
* Software rendering improvements, speed and accuracy
* Hardware tesselation of PSP Beziers and Splines (used by a few games)
* Partial sceUsbGps and sceUsbCam support (Android)
* Android "Sustained performance mode" to avoid thermal throttling (#9901)
* Linux controller mapping fixes (#9997)
* Assorted bugfixes and compatibility improvements
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2017, 05:50 PM
RE: PPSSPP 1.5 - Vulkan support, and more
Congrats on the release dude and to everyone who works on it, this one has been quite the wait.
11-29-2017, 07:20 PM
Alright. Been waiting for this!

GJ!

Everything is Hitsuzen!
12-02-2017, 12:49 PM
1.5.3 bugfix release is out.
12-02-2017, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 10:56 AM by Viscerous.)
Curious, I'm only getting OpenGL on an HTC 10 running Nougat, both of which should be capable of running Vulkan.

EDIT: Disregard that, I didn't read the "slow Google Play rollout" bit. I should really not post that close before sleeping. Everything working fine on 1.5.3.
12-03-2017, 06:39 AM
how to know if my device support vulkan or not?
12-03-2017, 08:22 PM
Hi everyone, 1.5.3 fails to install on both my galaxy note 4 (exynos) and Xiaomi Mi Box, both running Android 6.0.
12-04-2017, 05:03 AM
(12-03-2017 06:39 AM)paan95 Wrote:  how to know if my device support vulkan or not?

If you know the chipset of your phone, you can check on the manufacturer's website if the GPU supports vulkan. If you don't know the chipset of your phone, you can use either the CPU-Z or AIDA64 app to find out.
12-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Hi I was wondering if I could find out more about the removal of multi threading in the latest version? 1.5.4?

I just updated my app and realized my phone doesn't support vulkan and noticed I was getting a dip in performance after checking the settings I was able to figure that multi threading had been removed after going back to 1.4.2 the issue in performance goes away because I can enable multi thread I couldn't seem to find any info about it

I'd appreciate it a lot if anyone could help me out
Thanks

My specs
Redmi Note 10.
Check My Profile For Tested Games(Bio Section)
Testing multiplayer - MGS PW - God Eater - Dbz

Contact me on Twitter @BradEDias for help with ppsspp
12-11-2017, 11:45 AM
There's really not much to read, multithreading was removed a while ago since it was very unsafe feature causing a lot of device-specific issues to many people who often used it just because they have "multicore cpu" or because they were recommended by others for whom it worked in game X or Y.

PPSSPP had a lot of nasty game breaking speedhacks from early days of it's existence where top end phones were weaker than bottom end devices nowadays and while some users might not approve whenever a support for some ancient device or dangerous settings get's purged, such changes are necessary and slowly but surely have to happen.:]

If you feel that old version works better on your device, you are free to use it as long as you want, ie until you upgrade to a device which supports Vulkan which is pretty much becoming a standard finding it's way also into cheaper / lower end devices.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
12-14-2017, 12:32 AM
Tried to change PPSSPP backend to Vulkan, and after restarting, the application crashes and won't start anymore. I have to access the internal storage and delete ppsspp.ini from ./PSP/SYSTEM, to revert to OpenGL.

Does PPSSPP have any type of logging? Did anyone with similar specs (below) managed to use Vulkan?

Specs: Le Max 2 (SND 820 - Adreno 530) LineageOS CM-14.1 (7.1.2)
12-14-2017, 07:14 PM
@Rodandtom are you using the last version 1.5.4? It fixed some Vulkan crashes. If so, might be some issue related to your custom ROM or something.

Try the last build too: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro