Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD - HD Textures
05-07-2018, 05:27 AM
RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD - HD Textures
i registered this account just to say that i'd like to somehow contribute to this project. i'd like to see guidelines on how textures should be done so i don't get lost.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2021, 09:19 AM
(11-11-2017 02:09 PM)WonkoTheSane Wrote:  Heya! Big Grin

Do we have an existing repo of HD textures for monster hunter portable 3rd? If so I'd like to contribute to it. (couldn't find one in search)
Been playing around with the texture replacement feature. I want to introduce a friend to the series but don't want him to need to switch back and forth to a resource map... So I attempted an HD map mod with resource indicators.
I'd like to compile a full HD texture pack, sourced from stuff done before as well as me filling in the blanks...
Let me know if you all think this is a useful idea or if you know of some good existing textures for this game.

Check it out here:
github.com/David-vz/MonsterHunterPortable3rdHDRemake

Progress:

UI: ~40% done

HD Resource Maps:
Misty Peaks, Flooded Forest, Sandy Plains (+ sandy plains night), Deserted Island

Monsters:
Rathian, Great Jaggi, Gargwa, Zinogre, Lagombi, Bulldrome, Bullfango, Ludroth, Royal Ludroth, Volvidon, Nargacuga, Qurupeco

HD Map Textures:
Deserted Island ~60%
Sandy Plains ~25%

Hi there, i do need help with this, i know this forum is pretty unactive but im just gonna try my luck, its regarding the hash rate

hash xxh64 loads all the texture but not the monsters, on the other hand the hash = quick loads all the monsters textures but not the area textures, any workaround on this? thank you
11-16-2021, 10:49 PM
Hash method doesn't affect texture loading directly, but since different method = different hash and textures are replaced based on unique hash, if a texture pack author changes hash while he's working, all the work he did with different hash will stop working. Similar thing will happen if there's a team working on a single texture pack and they don't agree to which hash they will be using.

You can't easily work around the issue, you have to re-dump the original textures again and re-name/re-assign your new textures accordingly.

So hash method is best decided before even dumping textures and all contributors should be using same one, I'd say xxh64 is pretty much best pick for all modern hardware and will still work at older one, just slower, but 99% people out there will be using modern hardware even if weak, so yeah.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.