Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I setup a server like coldbird.net ?
10-15-2017, 06:50 PM
How can I setup a server like coldbird.net ?
Does anyone know how to host a server just like coldbird.net ?
I want to play MHFU with my girlfriend when we're not in the same city. I could use evolve, hamachi etc... to play with 2 emulators, but we both want to use our PSP (at least she wants to use her PSP, I still can play with an emulator if it is needed).
I tried everything I could to setup a server on my PC or Android : to put the device that hosts the server (be it PC or android) in DMZ in my router settings, to put her PSP in DMZ in her own router etc.. but nothing seems to be working.
We can both connect to coldbird.net via upnp with our PSPs or via dmz'ing our PSPs and we see eachother in guildhall but we cannot play a quest (we both ping something like 100ms on coldbird.net, so mhfu won't work...).
However if I setup a adhoc server on my PC, even if I DMZ it, I can see that she is connecting (Pseudo (MAC - IP) started playing ULES01213, requested information on 0 ULES01213 groups, and joined ULES01213 group MHP2Q0000) but when i try to connect with my PSP, it works (requested information on 1 ULES01213 groups), but we can't see eachother in guildhall : we both join GH01 but it's like there are 2 different GH01 : one where she is, and one where I am.

So here is the problem :

2 routers, 2 PSPs, no way to play online.

Can anyone help me on setting up a server on my PC, or Android, that we could join to ? I don't think it would works, but can a PSP connect to a Hamachi network hosted on a PC ? To me, hamachi links 2 PC and not 2 routers, so if a PC A and a PC B are linked via Hamachi, it would not help the PSP A link to the PSP B ...

I need you guys ! At least give me some ideas that I could try, because I don't have any left !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2017, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2017 11:05 AM by onelight.)
RE: How can I setup a server like coldbird.net ?
If you wan play PSP with PSP maybe you can try VsPro plugin + evolve/hamachi. Vspro is a plugin based on pro-online, it only support real PSP.

But I'm no sure how to use it (sorry, I forgot)

1. Install pspVSProCon_plugins, If you are already install pro-online plugin, just copy the files to your PSP and add this line to game.txt
ms0:/seplugins/vspro.prx 1

2. one of players run pspVSProCon.exe as server

3. other players run pspVSProCon.exe as client after edit pspVSProCon.ini
I remember asServer should be 0, forgot how to edit srvSigIPString, srvDatIPString

Code:
[Config]
asServer = 0
asLogFile = 0
pspSigIPString = 0.0.0.0:27312
pspDatIPString = 0.0.0.0:24680
srvSigIPString = 192.168.1.100:27312
srvDatIPString = 192.168.1.100:24680

Attached File(s)
.zip  pspVSProCompat.zip (Size: 41.74 KB / Downloads: 535)
.zip  pspVSProCon_x86.zip (Size: 42.11 KB / Downloads: 465)
.zip  pspVSProCon_plugins.zip (Size: 74.45 KB / Downloads: 494)
10-16-2017, 08:20 PM
I might give that a try in some days, but I'm just giving up right now. I've been trying for weeks every night to have it work, thinking for solutions, turning on/off the firewall, forwarding some ports, using some extenal programs, even putting almost every device that could host a server in a DMZ (and I can't even host a Hamachi server "A communication error has occured" of course). Nothing works at all, there is no way we can see each other in the GH.
So when I'll decide to waste some more hours on that I might try to have that plugin work.
By that time I'll go back to see that thread to see if anyone has some more idea before I try it again !
Thank you
10-26-2017, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2017 12:23 PM by Adhenovan.)
build this source code on your server machine https://github.com/adenovan/AdhocServerPro .

coldbird server is only emulate Adhoc CTL (Computational Tree Logic) it doesnt transport the game adhoc traffic . thats why dmz is required on every user to see each other on game. the alternative for dmz currently is a VPN network. run that server on your VPN network and it will be fine.

~ i still developing tunnel server , proxy and relay for emulating the entire adhoc network over internet. its already has game lobby chat and group chat. the tunnel development is taking more time because it still need some experiment and investigate through hacking the adhoc module on real console. some games also need very low ping that cause compability issues over internet. thats why it will take a long time to be merged into the PPSSPP project

Experimenting with adhoc over internet system through Amultios custom ppsspp fork, find me in game

Monster Hunter Freedom : Lucis
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite : Lucis
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: Lucis
10-27-2017, 05:06 PM
I currently play MHFU/MHP 3rd via Hunsterverse,i dont know will it work on real PSP or not but it work flawlessly on emulator,maybe u should give a try
11-08-2017, 01:54 AM
Try VsPro plugin + evolve/hamachi.