Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Memory Stick hotswap savedata import possible? [Monster Hunter Freedom Unite]
09-25-2017, 04:55 PM
Smile RE: Memory Stick hotswap savedata import possible? [Monster Hunter Freedom Unite]
Thank you very much for the reply! It works!

I got messing around with the SAVEDATA folder in PPSSPP a bit, and found out what you just said Big Grin. Reckon the character import didn't work on the PSP 'cause the EBOOT and one of the savegames were stored on the same Memory Stick (as is normal), and ejecting the memory stick while the game was running didn't work Wink Guess whoever ported MHFU to PSN didn't think about that...

PPSSPP worked slightly differently, in that "ejecting the Memory Stick" (i.e. replacing save files in the folder at just the right point) didn't result in losing access temporarily to the game file (ISO in this case), because nothing is actually "ejected" - the HDD and ISO stays there all along.

Anyways, now I've got an old character I made on holiday and haven't touched since 2012 on my main MHFU gamesave. Yay! Now I just need to use a roundabout method with an alternate memory stick to transfer over her original Felynes (OCD here).

Live long and prosper!

Darth Agnon

PS. Can cheats actually corrupt games/savedata?! I almost never use them (never on my MH saves), mainly on Patapon 3 (because it's reached an impossible final level and the grinding is unreal), FFT0 (because translation patch glitches) or one of my brother's joke MH saves...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Memory Stick hotswap savedata import possible? [Monster Hunter Freedom Unite] - Darth Agnon - 09-25-2017 04:55 PM